92 500SL - Trunk Lock

When I lock the car with the remote, the trunk doesn't lock. It will lock if I manually lock the trunk with the key, but it won't lock with the remote, or if I use the key in the doors or the central lock on the dashboard. Any ideas on where I should start my troubleshooting at?

Regards, Steve

Reply to
Steve

Probably a vacuum leak, likely the vacuum element.

Reply to
dk

Probably a vacuum leak, likely the vacuum element.

Reply to
dk

You were right. One of the vacuum hoses had a hole abraded in it. I spliced the hose for a simple repair, and the locking system works perfectly. Thanks so much for your help. Steve

Reply to
Steve