Best Rated threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

MB100 Camper Conversion
Am thinking of buying a second hand MB100 van to convert into a camper. I like the size etc, but can't find any reviews anywhere. Has anyone out there owned one of these? Can anyone advise if this is...

2001 C240 power seat draining battery
My battery is being drained when the car is not driven for a day or 2. I am told by the MB mechanic that is it due to the power seat drawing power while the car is off. Has anyone else had this...
3
3

Location of CD Changer in a Mercedes ML350 (2004)
I have just bought a 2004 ML350 and wanted to know th location of the multi stack CD changer, I have the magazine, but foolishly cannot find the changer? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
3
3

Gear changing problems on Vito Van
Vito Van 108 cdi 2003. Problems with gear selections, either 1st 3rd or 5th being engaged it drops out and if attempt to re engage- : gears grind! Have replaced release arm/lever.but no improvement....
1
1

license plate lights stay on
Just noticed that the license plate lights stay on even after you turn the ingnition off (and take the key out). Aren't these supposed to be wired to the curcuit for the lights? The only other work...
7
7

1987 300SDL LOW POWER
CAR RUNS AND STARTS COLD GREAT. COMPRESSION THEREFORE WOULD SEEM TO BE FINE. THE CAR GETS ABOUT 29.65 GIVE OR TAKE A BIT. SO INJECTOR PUMP SEEMS TO BE WORKING ABOUT AS WELL AS IT SHOULD. I AM...
5
5

Drivers Front Window won't roll up or down
Is there an easy way to determine if the problem is electrical (switch) or if it is a bad motor? Also, is there a trick to get inside door panel off to get to the window motor and assembly? Graymatter
6
6

No acceleration Position sensor
... continuing trouble shooting of why my '89 sometimes just cuts out. Then accelerates perfectly again. I'd like to check my crankshaft position sensor as 'one' possible reason for this. Where the...
9
9

94 S600 SRS LIGHT ON DASH STAYS ON TOO LONG...WHY ?
SRS LIGHT STAYS ON FOR 2 MIN THEN TURNS OFF, ANY HELP ON KNOWING WHY IT DOESN?T TURN OFF RIGHT AWAY LIKE THE REST OF THE LIGHTS ON THE DASH? IT USE TOO... BY THE WAY, THIS IS ON A 1994 W140 / S600
2
2

'80 300D / Changed Glow Plugs now it can't shift into 3rd gear
Hi all, I have a 1980 Mercedes 300D Diesel Automatic. I'm also a newbie at repairing it myself and decided to make it my project car. I recently had problems with it starting up on cold mornings. I...
15
15

1993 190e Speakers
Can anyone give me a step by step removal of the rear and dash speakers for a 1993 190e 2.3? I can get the grills off the rear but haven't been able to figure out how to remove the speakers from...
2
2

89 560 sel emissions failed !
Thanks for taking the time to read this. I have a 89 560SEL that has failed the my air emissions. Before i pay for a new catalytic converter (What a SHOCK on the COST of a NEW CAT) is there anything i...
10
10

help with installing a clifford alarm in a 96 sprinter van
I've got a new Clifford g5 alarm manual is for us consumers not uk. I would like to no the best way to wire it up so that it protects the cab and the back of the van. can someone tell where to connect...

195/65/15 vs 185/65/15 winters on 190E
I've got to put some new winter tires on my 190E .... it uses 185/65/15 tires .... however, been thinking of using 195/65/15 because these will also be good on my 300E in future.... will the slightly...
16
16

1980 240D mercedes standard shift problems
My classic 1980 began to have problems getting out of reverse and back into 1st. One bright day it stayed in reverse. I had a mechanic friend crawl under and jiggle levers to put it back into 1st....
3
3

722.400 trans
I just received a transmission from asap motors for my 85 190d. Specified a diesel but of course, when it arrives instead of 722.403 I get 722.400. If I return this I suspect I will be paying freight...
3
3

Paint code on Sprinter van
Mercedes Sprinter 311 CDI We need to touch up the odd tiny patch of rust before it takes hold, door corners etc. Does anybody know where the paint code is located please. Mercedes seem to have their...

Cutting out..300SL
Hi to you all...not sure if I'm using this forum correctly!!. I have a 1986 Mercedes 300SL with a genuine 45K on the clock...I was driving it from London to my home in west Wales....all was fine for...
5
5

W210 Auxiliary fan belt failure
I had the belt on my Auxialiary fan fall off and chew up the condenser and stall the Motor on teh fan which also cooked This seems like an expoensive failure because of a fan bely Anybody ever heard...
6
6

86 300SDL Engine Won't Shut Off
I recently stored my car for several months and prior to this I added a fuel preservative to the tank. I now must operate the emergency switch to shut off the engine. Will this problem correct itself...
6
6