loss of dash lights

First, a confession: I was installing a new radio head in a '83 SD. I forgot to disconnect the battery! While messing with the wiring, the hot wire touched another and, of course, blew a fuse. After cleaning out my pants,I finished the install and the radio worked fine except...

...and here's the problem: when I turn the lights on, the number one fuse ( dash lights, etc.) blows. I have gone back and disconnected all the radio wiring. Even with no connection at all, the fuse still blows when the lights are turned on. I suppose the original short damaged something up line which causes the current problem. Any suggections on where the problem is?

Reply to
Joel Johnson

Yep, you got a short damage... you are just gonna have to trace the wire to burned part... You can buy a short tracer so it emit a strong signal where insulation got burnt.

Reply to
Tiger

Hey this happened to you too huh ? :-)

Disconnect radio wires one by one till it stops. You have a short someplace.

Reply to
Richard