First, a confession: I was installing a new radio head in a '83 SD. I forgot
to disconnect the battery! While messing with the wiring, the hot wire
touched another and, of course, blew a fuse. After cleaning out my pants,I
finished the install and the radio worked fine except...
...and here's the problem: when I turn the lights on, the number one fuse
( dash lights, etc.) blows. I have gone back and disconnected all the radio
wiring. Even with no connection at all, the fuse still blows when the lights
are turned on. I suppose the original short damaged something up line which
causes the current problem. Any suggections on where the problem is?