Latest threads in MG Sports Carsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

MG TF Brochure
Hi Folks Does anyone have a coy of the pdf version of any of the MG TF brochures? The one on the MG site appears to be corrupt. If you could email it to me it would be appreciated Thanks Dave

Blackpool Area Service Recommendation
Hi Folks I have just bought a new MG TF 160 VVC and am looking some a garage to look after my baby. Anyone got a garage thay would recommend in the North West? Thanks
2
2

panels for MGB
Hi, Where should I get my replacement panels from for a roadster. Looks like I'll need a boot floor and inner rear wheel arches. I will definitely need a new petrol tank as well. Steve
3
3

Seat belts in an MGA
HI I would like to put proper seatbelts in a 1962 MKII MGA (British RHD). At them moment it has generic 3-point belts which don't fit properly when the hood is lowered. I wondered what suggestions...

Alternator Upgrade
Hello, I am doing a V8 conversion , as part of this the alternator will be going in with the engine. The issue is that it is a 70 amp alternator, and the MGB is more used to 34/43 amps. Do I need to...
2
2

Win a Smart Car Easily Online
Quote below from the web site: =========================================== 3rd November 2005 Win a Smart Car HOW EASY IS THIS? Norwich Union healthcare are offering you the chance to win a Smart Car...

Peco vs. Monza
Guys, The rear muffler on my early '74 B is shot, and I'm thinking of getting either a Peco big bore or Monza or similar system. The (old style) manifold looks fine and this car never had a cat box....
1
1

WATER PASSENGER SIDE MGF MARK 1
MY BELOVED MGF IS CONSTANTLY WET ON THE FLOOR OF THE PASSINGER SIDE. I PUT MY HAND UP UNDER THE 'BOX' WHICH IF YOU WERE SITTING THERE WOULD BE ABOVE YOUR FEET AND AT THE VERY BASE OF THIS THERE IS A...
2
2

Thickness of metal
Hi to all I know this is a bit of a daft question but Can anyone tell me how thick car body metal is, should be or needs to be and what type of steel it should be? Having collected cutting, bending...
2
2

Sprite - hood renovation
The plastic rear quarter light on my double duck hood on my 1970 AH Sprite IV has split. Does anyone know of a reputable restorer that could insert a new plastic panel - I am sure I have previously...

Tech? - Fuel gauge working backwards????
Hi I'm (VERY new to this Brit car thing) I recently bought a 1962 AH Sprite MKII. The fuel gauge was not working - so I bought a new sender unit. When I tested the sender the gas gauge works - but...
2
2

Better than a MG! WIN a Brand New Porche 997 + £30,000 Cash at UKHotMovies.com
Ever pictured yourself zooming down the road in a Porche? This autumn, is running our most exciting competition ever: you can win two tickets worth =A360 each to enter a limited prize draw to take...

Questions about MGB-based component car with plywood chassis
So far, I've been laughed out of every Britcar DL in which I've posted this query -- if no-one here can help me, or if this is the wrong place entirely, please point me to another more likely place...

Clock
Hello all, I'm new to this having just bought my first MGF (I've been waiting 8 years!) It's a 1.8i W reg model, only problem is the clock doesn't work. Thought it could be the fuse, but all the...
4
4

Your thoughts on 63 triumph spitfire
I am consideing purchaing one. It is complete. It looks like there is no real rust but it was painted at least 10 years ago and garaged for 5. Not sure if it was patched, I have only seen pictures. It...