Heater Box Removal

I am in the process of restoring a 1971 mgb and I am having a problem removing the heater box. I have removed all the screws that hold it down and I have also disconnected and removed the cable that runs to the flap(for lack of anything better to call it. I can get the unit to come up about 1/2 inch then it seems to catch on something on the left side of the car and will not go any further. Am I missing something, any suggestions?????????

Reply to
dcb

I rebuilt my heater box about two years ago and albeit, not the easiest thing you will ever do to an MG, that heater box will come out and go back in place with a little twisting and maneuvering. You've already disconnected the cable for the air control and as I remember, there is nothing else to disconnect. Probably this best chance you will ever have to replace the matrix or radiator or heater core that you will ever have. A good idea to do so.

Best of luck - Cheers - Dennis

Reply to
Dennis L. Rainey