Newsgroup warning?

Tried to reply to a couple of posts on this newsgroup this morning and as soon as I try a reply, I get a warning message saying 'a program is trying to access your Outlook adress book'

The posts get returned with 'e-mail address can't be reached' which sounds suspicious

Anyone else getting this?

Mart

Reply to
Mart

You ought to run a virus and spyware checker, I think.

Reply to
Sales!

Which posts?

Ian F

Reply to
mgamgb

Chap asking about an MGB grill for sale which seems to have gone from the newsgroup now???

Reply to
Mart

The post below?

No attachment, although there is something wrong anyway if your reader software automatically executes attachments on replying to the mail they are attached to. Like I say, this would have to be something on your computer that is accessing the address book when triggered, e.g. by you trying to reply to a post. Did you scan for viruses and things?

Wherever you get the newsgroup from, the older posts will gradually disappear as new ones arrive and the space on the server is recycled. Nearly a month is pretty good retention.

(For info, the email given below has spam-trap characters in it, so you couldn't get a reply through anyway unless you edited the address.)

Path: newsbe1-gui.ntli.net!newspeer1-win.ntli.net!newsfe5-win.ntli.net.POSTED!53ab2750!not-for-mail From: "Justin Baker" Newsgroups: uk.rec.cars.mg Subject: WANTED: MGB front grill Lines: 11 X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180 X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180 Message-ID: Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:03:54 GMT NNTP-Posting-Host: 81.103.136.130 X-Trace: newsfe5-win.ntli.net 1103058234 81.103.136.130 (Tue, 14 Dec 2004

21:03:54 GMT) NNTP-Posting-Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:03:54 GMT Organization: NTL Xref: newspeer1-win.ntli.net uk.rec.cars.mg:5233 X-Received-Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:03:22 GMT (newsbe1-gui.ntli.net)

Hello all,

I am after a front grill vertical slatted type for an MGB

Anyone who can help please mail me so we can haggle and paypal or something.

Many thanks!

snipped-for-privacy@bestuk.comremthispart

Reply to
Sales!