What do you grab? ... An informal poll

Just curious ...

I was watching the recent remake of "The Italian Job" (for the ump-teenth time) and couldn't help but notice the way the actors slamed down the rear hatch of the MINIs. That CAN'T be the best way to close them -- gotta be tough on the whole mechanism over a period of time, I would think.

Personally, I grip one of the inner finger cups from the inside (-left or right, depending on what hand is free) and gently pull the door down low enough to place my hand on the exterior to exert enough force to engage the latch.

The question is ... specifically, where do *you* place your hand on the hatch to close it?

[-Each location I could think of seems to have it's pluses and minuses with regard to convenience and damaging effects to the cosmetics of the car.]

- S

Reply to
S. W. Chan

Are you serious?