speedo cable refitting

any tips on refitting the speedo cable gearbox end on a 1981 998cc ?

just spent 2 hours trying to screw the bugger on and wont line up.

cheers RS

Reply to
RS

Have you tried jacking it up and sticking your hand up from underneath?

The Muffin Man

Reply to
The Muffin Man

Hi, You could try releasing the engine tiebar from the LH side of the engine and tilting the engine forwards a little bit.

Keith

Reply to
**

sometimes its easier with the radiator out ;-(

and it may be worth fitting the gearbox end first as you can push the inner down afterwards from the speedo end.

It isn't a fun job, I have just fitted a mechanical fuel pump so am just bathing my knuckles now!

miniman

Reply to
miniman