4G63/64: Position of pilot / spigot shaft bush

Does the bush fit in the recess in the back of crank behind the flywheel, or in the front side of the flywheel?

My workshop manual does not help, I've never needed to look, and I didn't get the bush back from the machine shop. I'll check the old engine when I get it out of the van, but I'd like to know if I can fit the flywheel now or later.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS

I just rebuilt the transaxle (F5M33) in my Eclipse (4G63T) and there is no bushing in the flywheel. The input shaft is one piece, and has two tapered bearings, one at each end. This eliminates the need for a bushing. You didn't mention the make & model, so I'm assuming a FWD or AWD Eclipse or Galant with the 4G63 engine.

Gyz

Stewart DIBBS wrote:

Reply to
Gyzmologist

As we found when we pulled the old engine out. Thanks.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS