90 Eclipse - Need help with CV Joint's repairment

Hi, I own a 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse, I need help on how to repair or to put in new CV Joint's in the front end. the Driver side CV Joint is badly damaged and I need to know how to fix it. OR how to put a new one in. If anyone could help I'd appreciate it. This is my project car right now and I dont know alot about Eclipse's! Thanks

Reply to
Battles

Buy the factory manual on cd off of ebay and go here:

Billy

thanks for the help billy, this coming Saturday me and my uncle are going to try and do this. you are a VERY helpful person, I appreciate it very much. thanks.

Reply to
Battles

Another option to Billy's is to check with autozone if you have one by you and see if they have the complete rebuilt half shafts. They simply remove and install. I replaced the shafts on my daughters car ( not a mitsbishi but a tracer made by mazda ) in less then 2 hours for both sides and the total cost was about 1/4 what the local garage wanted to do the job. Each shaft is probably less then $75.00

GB

Battles wrote:

Reply to
gray-beard

Yeah, that's not such a bad idea. The tow truck guy* shreded a boot on the GSX this week and it was hell trying to get one that would fit. The damn axle was in for only a week!

  • The flat bed came for the GSX when I tore all of the teeth off the imput shaft and half the teeth off of first gear....too much power?
Reply to
simpleton