CD Player Swap

I recently got a replacement Infinity W019 AM/FM/CD/Cassette player for my '98 GSX. Now to figure out how to remove the old one and put the new one in wihout damaging anything.

Seeing as how the best way to do this is not obvious, I'm looking for some tips and recommendations. I don't want to take any panels off that I don't need to and I sure don't want to break anything.

What's the technique and order of panel removal to do this correctly?

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
ironradio

There is a plastic trim bezel that surrounds the radio and heater controls that must be carefully pried out. It has four metal retaining clips roughly located at the for corners of your radio. Once this trim piece has been removed, you'll be able to see the four screws that retain the radio. Remove them and slide the radio out through the opening in the dash. Remove the retainer clip from the side of your radio and intall it on the new unit .

Reply to
Simpleton

Do you pry it out from the seams on the sides? And does it just "pop" off? Can it be removed by hand or must it be pried with a tool?

Thanks!

Reply to
ironradio

Reply to