Oil Change on 2003 Montero

I was going to change the oil in my 2003 Montero and for the life of me i cant find wher the darn oil drain plug is att. Ive read that its in a wierd place. Can anyone provide a detailed way of finding the drain plug and changing the oil?

AGP

Reply to
AGP

Get under the car on a crawly and look under the engine for the lowest point.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Ive done that and cannot locate it.

AGP

Reply to
AGP

Reply to
Malcom Gillette

That's if the skid plate is still attached. I don't know about the Montero, but the 2003 V6 Pajero(Australia) has a rediculous piece of compressed fibre it calls a skid plate. The thing broke free of its anchor points at the tail end on its first water crossing.

I've now re-inforced it with metal backets .

To get back to the point at hand... Yes the plug is under the skid plate.

Regards

Martin

Reply to
Martin

The Montero wasn't designed for off-road. It was designed for fat Americans that can't fit into a car anymore. That's why SUVs are so popular...we're too fat for cars.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

Any diagrams that I can see?

AGP

Reply to
AGP

I can confirm that you'll need to remove the rearward 'skidplate' to access both the sump drain plug and the filter. Once you have the cardboard plate off, it'll look more like you expect.

BTW, I've replaced both of my skids with 1/4" 6061-T6 alumininum replacements. The originals do suck.

dookie

Reply to
dookie

You American's must have a different mind set to us here in Oz. Owners of 4WDs (or SUVs as you call them) downunder are generally outgoing active people who enjoy the outdoors. Our "SUVs" are often used for what they were intended...exploring nature. We haven't got time to get fat! Here, fat people generally drive "people movers" with sliding doors.

Martin

Reply to
Martin

Reply to
Malcom Gillette

Is there a diagram of this or could you guide me through the removal and re-install.

AGP

Reply to
AGP

Reply to