Stalling on idle

'00 Montero Sport V6, 3.0, 2 WD, 50,000 miles, well maintained.

Yesterday had a local gas station change the oil/filter--- and I installed a new battery (requiring reset of radio code and station presets).

On test drive, the idle speed drops to 300-400 and it sometimes stalls. I did not see any hoses or wires disconnected in the engine compartment.

Ideas?

Reply to
William Munny

I've heard in a Mitsubishi forums that when you disconnect the battery, you erased the memory controlling the IAC.

The throttle plate now closes more and the idle will become very rough or it can even die. One solution was to take off the big air intake hose and spray carb cleaner onto the throttle plate and throat to clean up the buildup of crud there. That should take care of the problem.

Buffalo

Reply to
Buffalo