Transmision Galant 1993

I have a problem that I can't understand. The automatic transmission is not engaging!! It is not the mechanical linkage. It has the proper level of oil. Went I put the lever to any position, drive, reverse, etc . . the transmission does not make any noise and the car does not move!!! Raising the RPM also makes no difference . . . .

Any opinion will greatly appreciated. Thanks!!! Al at snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net or 972 / 513-0544

Reply to
a.benser2

Torque converter failed? Have you VERIFIED that when the shift lever is moved, it actually moves the lever on the transmission.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Not sure of the mileage on your Galant, but my transmission did the same exact thing at 195,000 miles. I thought the linkage had gone, but it was the entire transmission that had to be replaced. Over $2800 at the dealer. Check your local junkyards for a used trans, or eBay. I've seen them selling there for $250 - $350 plus shipping. Any automatic trans from 1989 to 1993 will work. Best of luck!

Erick

Reply to
Roadtripper