2.2 Ecotec in a Corsa C ?

they can feel like it when you're half way through the project ...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Corsa C is quite tidy as a handler, would be nice with the rev-happy 2.2 in there. Be a bit out of it with a chipped 2.0 turbo though.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Corsa SRi 1.4 1044kg SRi 1.8 1082 kg

Sxi 1.2 979kg SXi 1.4 994 kg Bear in mind that brakes etc are uprated as with other bits of spec I reckon there's only about 20 - 40kg difference between the 1.2 and the 2.2 - the only notably ligher motor would be the 3 cyl 1.0.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Well yea, obviously buying a GTi 180 would make more sense, but with the Corsa, there is no big power version available from the factory. The 1.8 is as good as it gets, and the 2.2 is probly about the same size/weight but is worlds apart of better. And the Corsa C doesn't handle /that/ badly (compared to the Corsa B...)

Reply to
DanTXD

K&N offer free induction kits for the loan of for a day, to develop kits for models not currently developed.

And I agree, no changes to the brakes and suspension when you uprate the engine is a stupid move. BTW, Peco exhaust (Peco Accoustics actually) don't make power, just noise.

I have the Celica going in for renewal of major suspension parts (20% uprated lowered springs with uprated macstruts, Ceramic brake pads, some new bushes and an uprated adjustable anti-roll bar) before I even dream about fitting a boost controller.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Jesus, fat little bastards aren't they?

Reply to
Pete M

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, DanTXD decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I suspect the reason there's no big power Corsa C could well be because even GM appreciate that they're s**te.

Reply to
Pete M

LOL corsa SRi 1.8 weigh loads! my MR2 is only 200kg's heavier

Reply to
Vamp

To be fair, it doesn't have the image of the the Clio, so doesn't need to compete in the huge power stakes - the Corsa sells to driving schools and schoolteachers so image is nothing. You see tons more fast Clios than fast Corsas.

I reckon GM sell enough Corsas to not want to make an overengineered big braked lowered quick model that might sell a couple of thousand. Leave that to the nutters that want to build a 2.2.

Personally I'd like to shove the 3.2 V6 in there...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

My Volvo is less than 400kg more.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Um, my Merc isn't.

Reply to
Pete M

Totally agree. In fact, that for me is what modding is all about, and at the other end of the scale which has gluing most of an Airfix Flying Fortress kit to the rear bumper lip as 0.1%

Reply to
Questions

Yup, that's my view on it.

However, I am a bit of a purist when it comes to modifications.

I just don't see any point in messing about with about 95% of FWD stuff. RWD is so much more rewarding.

Golf GTis, for example, can be modded sympathetically and sometimes the results can be fantastic.

My old LHD 8v had lots of suspension tweakery and it worked well. Mainly because it was unnoticeable until you hit the twisties when it'd come to life.

For me, modifications can be a range of things, but they've got to be done well. Whether it be the twin turbo installation I had on the Sierra 4x4 Estate or something like Ronny's in car PC. Things that don't have a significant downside and work as they're meant to without compromising the entire car "just to look good".

The Corsas, Saxos and stuff you see bouncing down the road due to the granite like spring shock combinations, fitted with a 9" deep sunstrip on the screen, lowered to the extent that every cats eye causes the vastly oversized wheels to catch the arch and / or bump steer, 12" exhausts, blacked out windows and neon washer jets... they're just owned by utter wankers who wouldn't know a properly modified car if it slapped them round the face with the inner gizzards of a three week dead albatross.

Reply to
Pete M

We did FWD/ RWD recently, as I recall. Having all RWD at the moment, I find FWD drive really badly at speed and stuff.

But other people will say similar things about front engined cars. Heh, I like RWD, can't really afford mid engined, and the last engine swap I did took one day, although it was dark by the time it worked properly.

Hey, I don't disagree with that. I find the same with people boasting about the neon tubes inside their PC. WTF?

Reply to
Questions

hey anyone can afford mid engined ;)

i myself like RWD and jap crap, there i admit it :)

Reply to
Vamp

In a mid-engined configuration, I presume...........

Reply to
AstraVanMan

No, if you're going to the lengths of making a rear drive mid mount then it's either twin bike engines for the noise, or a Rover V8 with nitrous...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

No, for *your* given value of acceptable.

So does a Corsa, strangely enough.

Acceleration alone does not make a car good.

So what. What you would do has got nothing to do with anything.

Reply to
LordyUK
[...]

Surely it's much easier to just[1] pop a complete engine/transaxle from a FWDer in the back?

A [1] for very large values of just
Reply to
Alistair J Murray

What flavour albatross?