306 front speaker swap...

Can anyone recommend a set of speakers to replace the ones in the front of my 306?

I don't want to arse about with custom pods or anything that will make them protrude out of the door; I want something that will stealthily install behind the existing grille and not get in the way of e.g. the electric windows. I'm not adverse to components; I'm happy to mount a tweeter up high somewhere.

I understand the factory speakers are pretty slim, but I haven't dismantled the door yet to have a proper look...

Reply to
Abo