£70k Vauxhall Astra...

I wouldn't say it's too far of the mark. IIRC average wage is still around £25k, and a healthy average house price is approx 3x that. At the minute the average house price is somewhere just under £150k.

Reply to
Doki

Here's hoping. I've been thinking along the same sort of lines for years, tbh. I've got no real hard evidence, but if you compare the peak of the housing market (couple of years ago) to 10 years previous, wages hadn't changed all that much for any one job (comparing like with like - career progression is a completely different thing), but prices went mental. So to me it was inevitable that something had to happen.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

I got out of the Jacuzzi in my MX-5 just to look at /that/?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Douglas Payne gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I don't think a badly leaking hood counts as a jacuzzi. Even with the flatulence.

Reply to
Adrian

It must be the munchie boxes.

Reply to
Elder

Hey, my ride has 18's and a DVD :P

Reply to
Abo

LOL! Does it wear a "designed for 13s" sticker on the dashboard though! :p

Reply to
DervMan

Fingers crossed here, for expansion of my empire (/evil landlord laugh and sound of rubbing of fingerless-gloved hands/), although I doubt that things are going to fall more than another 25% or so - whilst prices are borderline affordable, there are expansion pressures from population, and a deeply entrenched ownership mentality. Populations also seem to have a collective memory span of about

14months, so whilst people now are shy of investing in property, it's only a matter of a relatively short time and distraction by one or two other crises before the cycle will kick off again. Probably.
Reply to
Albert T Cone