Aero Wipers - Any Good?

As subject really - they're being sold like the new answer to everything, but they just seem a bit Ronco / K-Tel maybe...?

Reply to
Steve Walker

No, the best ones are the ones designed for your car. Get them from a main dealer. Avoid the cheap wipers from ebay too - they are horrific copies that do not work as well as the proper ones. The quality is poor and materials only last a few months. People that have been conned will never admit it!

Reply to
IanT

Thanks - if a clueless munter like you is against them, that's a good start.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Heh.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Do you mean the flat blade style? I put a pair on my Classic 9-3 and they were superb in a crosswind, no skipping at all. They lasted really well, too.

On the 9-3 Sports Saloon, I have a wiper issue whereby after a period of weeks or months, they miss a bit - flatblades didn't solve this issue. Worked great for the passenger side mind! :)

Reply to
DervMan

I got some of the ones similar to the ones fitted to the newer Focii from Tesco, i think they are normally £8-50each blade, but i got them on special at £5. I have to say i am very happy with them, however in the really bad snow they do get gummed up a bit, but then i fully expect that others would and something that happens once every 10yrs or so i can live with.

They are fine in normal snow... Even at £17 a pair i would have another set...

I must add i think they took a couple of weeks to get bedded in too.

Reply to
Kipling

Had the tesco flat blades a few months ago when on offer. Didn't seem a bad blade with smooth even action but recently started to judder and rubber seemed brittle so replaced them with standard Bosch Super from local factors (£10 the pair). Given the amount of shitty kak thrown up on the screen in this weather I'm very impressed with the Bosch performance.

Reply to
Redwood

Thanks, chaps.

Reply to