Alpha Turnkey Kits

Just lookin at them there and they do one for the clio/19. 165bhp up from

137, which would be nice.

I know i'd be better off with somethin not so out of the box but they can't be bad surely? Opinions?

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1992 Renault 19 16v - Roll on 21/07/2004

Reply to
Chet

As long as it's set up for the engine should be fine, can only be fettled by a webcon dealer though. Most other after-market management systems can be tuned using a laptop and a link cable.

Reply to
Tony Bond

Setup up for a standard engine, only mods this one has is a cat replacement and stainless system so can't be too far off.

Not much point me bein able to connect into my management system, best that i just close the bonnet and think no more about it :)

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1992 Renault 19 16v - Roll on 21/07/2004

Reply to
Chet

It's a carb setup isn't it ?

It can't be GOOD, surely ?

Absolute s**te, if it's not a proper fuel-injected throttle-body setup.

Reply to
Nom

Sorry, meant to say it was the gold fuel injection kit

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1992 Renault 19 16v - Roll on 21/07/2004

Reply to
Chet

Carbs aren't that bad, they just need setting up more often. Got a relation with a Vauxhall 2.0 XE on carbs with the weber alpha ignition running 290bhp in a Caterham and it always seems to run ok, although I'm sure there would be some more torque to gain by going to FI on throttle bodies.

Reply to
Homer

Looks great, but £1500 is a big wodge !

By the time you've done the cams too, and had a bit of headwork (seems silly not to, if you're spending that sort of dosh), you're gonna be in the "DOH! I wish I'd spent that £3000 on a faster car" bracket :)

Reply to
Nom

I've got the 'grale as me faster car :)

Seen as its mapped for a standard engine its a great excuse NOT to get any more work done to it. Got rid of me other 19 but i can't be without one so another one is arriving in july...