An awesome Saxo...

It makes more than most 2.0 16v NA motors?

Reply to
DanTXD

Yes thanks :) No idea how to use them, but I know someone that does :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

But not more than most 2.0 litre turbos. : )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Plasma cutting is easy and mig is supposed to be easy but I'd much rather tig it, hardly a problem.

Reply to
Depresion

I've been wanting to learn how to mig for years, but never got round to it. One day I'll get round to buying one for myself and just give it a go!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yeah, Fraser's just got his big cube v8 hat on again.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

If ken can do it you can. If ken can't do it you can. It's just no fun unlike gas or tig.

Reply to
Depresion

Maybe he'll give me lessons :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Not really. Honda motors are notoriously torque free. The only way they make decent power is by spinning to enormous speeds. Which is fine on paper but crap on the road.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Sometimes the accepted consensus and what really happens are not quite the same, but then, it depends what you mean by "decent power." The SOHC iVTEC donks produce a lovely flat torque curve across a large chunk of the rev range. The SOHC VTEC engines have a lump of torque from 2,500 rpm upwards, but yeah, really need 4,500 rpm for the best performance. DOHC VTECs are similar except they have two torque peaks. Just when you think it's going ogg song, then it *really* gets going... :)

Reply to
DervMan

It looks pretty much like it does bolt straight in. I'm not saying that it's a) simple or b) that you won't have to do some things twice because you get it wrong first time, but £5500 doesn't seem a ridiculously low amount of cash for the conversion kit, particularly if they get bits made in China. The fact that they've also been doing a similar kit for minis for years, with similar components, probably helps too.

Reply to
Doki