Think I spotted vamp?

You really are the worst troll I have ever seen.

Of all the multi-million people who have owned a 620Ti on this newsgroup, you pick the one person who never has, but finally says they ahve seen one and they look "ok" to take the piss, asking if that is them.

You are only really useful for claw sharpening.

Reply to
Elder

I'm not an IT expert, I'm a Web developer. That is like claiming to be a succesful car restorer, not a failed welder. I didn't get sacked I was one of twenty made redundant by a company still trading. I still have shares in that company because I have every faith that they will turn things arround, and while they cost me peanuts (share option scheme), I haven't lost on them and they will be worth more in the future. Again, different from bad management closing a company. I'm still solvent. I don't need to brag about how I reduced someone else to my financial level, when infact I had little or no part.

I have a happy and fulfilling life thanks. And the money levels are still OK. Christmas might be leaner, might need to choose between the organic ham and the homesmoked gammon rather than have both, the turkey might be supermarket rather than from the farm, and the birthday breakfast Champagne might need to be non vintage this year, but it is hardly the sacrifice of the century is it. Tattinger is Tattinger, even if it isn't Krug.

Reply to
Elder

Once again, I find disappointment. Once again, I find no satisfaction. Once again, I find that it breaks my heart and fills my chest with agonizing pain when I see Elder obfuscate the issue so that one can't see what ought to be absolutely obvious to all. Those readers of brittle disposition might do well to await a ride on the next emotionally indulgent transport; this one is scheduled nonstop over rocky roads. As soon as you're strapped in, I'll announce something to the effect of how Elder says he's going to encourage and exacerbate passivity in some people who might otherwise be active and responsible citizens in a matter of days. Good old Elder. He just loves to open his mouth and let all kinds of things come out without listening to how foul they sound. I would like to close by saying that I can promise freedom-lovers everywhere that my priorities, observations, countermeasures, and predictions are not in any manner similar to those embraced by Elder.

Reply to
Ken

In article , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk says...

oh you mean because I had some money put aside that I didn't need to immediatley panic when I wasn't working anymore.

Naturally after 5 years with a company the change was a shock, but it just takes a little time to adjust and get back into the job hunting and interview saddle, and get back to refreshing my skillset. Not something you always have time to do while utilising existing skill to maximum effect in the work place. I tend to find I'm paid to work on active money making projects, not sit and play with the newest latest technology in the event that isn't another dead end. Half of the things I could have taught myself have become dead ends and gone nowhere. The stuff I do is bread and butter, it works, it is supported, it grows as a product. It was employing people to play with new technologies that cost Netservices money. It just happens that the technology chosen to play with isn't fully mature yet, but will be. The potential is so great, that with a market down turn in one of their sectors, and the potential rise in the new tech they are developing, it actually made more sense to slim down the team working with the old tech, and the people who sell it, support it and administer it. I was one of those. The people who aren't making money currently are still employed. Managed Voip is the future. Wholesale ADSL is a dead duck. They had a growing VOIP team, they had an overgrown ADSL wholesale/resale team. They thinned the ADSL team. They no longer needed as large an aftersales setup as they weren't planning to sell as much. Internal/ADSL development was sliced up. Of the 6 guys up, I was one of three that lost. Shit happens. You could let it make you bitter. I know some people take a set back personally and look for others to blame. I just chose to treat it as part of lifes great education.

Time moves on. I have applied for a lot of jobs, but 10 years experience cost a lot more than 3 years of education and recent graduate enthusiasm and stupidity. So quite often, the stupid people are hired on far less money to far more work. It takes about 5 years to realise they are being treated as stupid, so then they get suitable money, then they get settled and then they get made redundant. A lot of the multimillion development houses that were at the same financial level as where I started have gone. Either totally bust or down so low they got absorbed by a New York major. As it happens, the first company I work for is now a UK arm of a Norwegian company so even they couldn't avoid it, only delay it by a few years and have a european parent.

Reply to
Elder

When Elder looks in the mirror in the morning, does he see more than the same, dim-witted face that all impertinent, benighted monomaniacs share? If you've ever wondered about the answer to that question, then read on. But first, let me pose you a question: Is he actually concerned about any of us, or does he just want to extinguish the voices of opposition? After reading this letter, you'll undeniably find it's the latter. Elder's factotums have an almost identical mentality, as if they all had been cloned from a single parasitic prototype. And that's the honest truth.

Reply to
Ken

I won't get into a battle of wits with you. It is unfair to defeat an unarmed man and there is little sport in it.

Reply to
Elder

Hay I've never stooped to a Rover.

Reply to
Depresion

Me neither :-) I owned a Triumph though.... and it was an Acclaim... Well I suppose technically in the eyes of the law it was my mums....

Reply to
DanTXD

But it was a twin carb, yes?

Reply to
DervMan

It was. 1.3 :-)

There's an Avon on eBay at the moment...

Reply to
DanTXD

Without all this emissions nonsense that we have these days, a 1.3 with a suitable set up pair of carbs would be pokey. As I recall it was something like 80 bhp, yes?

Avon? The cosmetics company? :p

Reply to
DervMan

Yea it wasn't bad actually, it went pretty well.

Heh. Turbo'd version of the twin carb 1.3 :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, DanTXD wittered on forthwith;

The last Sunbeam Lotii were Avon ones, blue and silver paintwork and slightly funkier seat fabric IIRC.

I'd like another Sunbeam Lotus.

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:eht708$21n$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

Yum :-)

DanTXD

Yes, and the car of course wouldn't weigh much.

I tried one when I was looking for that first car, but the one I tried, well the engine was great... the rest of it... not so good...

Turbocharged? Hmm. Did it chew transmissions then?

Reply to
DervMan

Dunno, see my other reply to PeteM for a link. They were very rare.

Reply to
DanTXD

Hehe : 'It's like a mini Rolls-Royce' Um. Okaay. In what particular way?

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Well, a mini Rolls-Royce wouldn't be something I'd want either.

That's a proper pos that, and no sign of a turbo!

Reply to
Pete M

And i know you like the taste of man c*ck.

Reply to
Strangely Brown