Anyone selling anything reasonably interesting?

hello all

I was interested in Carl's rangie, but looks like I'd need to tow it down, so it's a no-goer I'm afraid.

Looking for something "interesting" up to about £750 . Long as it's got MOT and goes fuel economy not a problem..

cheers mike p

Reply to
Mike P

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net, Mike P wittered on forthwith;

I may be able to supply movement for it...

Will keep an eye out.

Reply to
Pete M

Dammit, just sold the Saab. Apparently he got 130 out of it from a standing start in under a mile. That included slowing down for the corner at the end

Must remove it from the sig actually

Any need for a Sky+ box?

-- Chet

2002 SEAT Leon 20vT - 1994 Renault 19 16v Cabrio - 1992 Saab 9000 2.3fpt 1991 Integrale 16v - 1991 Renault 19 16v - 1983 Wife who says theres too many cars
Reply to
Chet

I sold mine for 300 euro, a little over £200. No tax or test and he's to give me back teh bleed valve when he kills it.

-- Chet

2002 SEAT Leon 20vT - 1994 Renault 19 16v Cabrio - 1992 Saab 9000 2.3fpt 1991 Integrale 16v - 1991 Renault 19 16v - 1983 Wife who says theres too many cars
Reply to
Chet

I sold mine for bargain £550. 16V turbo with upped boost and big injectors. Saw a true 141 from the Sat Nav (on a private road of course)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

"Pete M" wrote in message news:f2ssh0$d6f$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

Cheers Pete. How much is it likely to cost to High Wycombe though? My other option is to take my mate who's a bus systems spark with me. He might be able to fix it in minutes, or at least tell me what it needs. Carl got an ignition module but it still wouldn't start. From his email - "One thing I did find however is, that vac capsule isn't connected inside the dizzie. I had to unbolt it to rotate the dizzie enough to get the module off and on, and it wasn't hooked to the pin inside the dizzy"

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

There's a stack of decent Capris on Ebay at the moment.

Reply to
Conor

From quite a few posts I gather your deep into the capri. Just out of interest what draws you to them ?

Reply to
Matt

I don't know why Conor likes them, but I like them because they are great fun in a sideways way, and they are mechanically simple :-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

There are a handful of 75s on ebay at the moment ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

What about 155s? Or are they shit?

Mike p

Reply to
Mike P

Cracking cars, can be fragile - they drink oil and lots of owners didn't bother checking it.... also cambelts need doing every 36k, which, again, most owners don't bother doing.

However, most of the rough ones have died by now, leaving only the decent ones.

That one looks OK, actually - so long as it's had a belt change on 72k miles.

Reply to
SteveH

The mechanically bit I like. I've been interested in getting a retro car, I guess they can be considered retro and I think insurance would be pretty good on them now. The capri is one I have kept an eye on for a while. Time to get of my arse and find one and have a go a sorting it out.

Reply to
Matt

How about a 360 GLT?

You can have it with a years MoT, 6 months tax, some spare parts and a shedload of uber rare accessories for £550 :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

£100 a year fully comp for a 2.8i on classic policy. Pay £230 for mine as a main car with business use.

MK2 Essie based mechanics but not as dear to buy. Essies are doing silly money now.

I think I like them because all the modern aids aren't there, you feel more in touch with the road, you don't see another one every 100 yards and how well you get up the road is purely down to your ability.

Reply to
Conor

Thanks for the post. Must be nice having a unique car. I do hate the fact I see so many of my car all over the place. Wouild be nice to have a car thats not run of the mill. Although I have gotten used to the modern aids :)

Reply to
Matt

155 are the next generation after the 75 and they were a totally new design (for Alfa) at the time. Its styling is reminiscent of the 75 however.

They are Fiats with an Alfa badge, some have a wooden steering wheel, some nice leather (when new).

On the exception of the Q4, a very very fragile Delta Integrale cloon with less power, all are FWD. Engine power is down significantly : who said 16V was better than 8V?

Roadholding is like all FWD-cars: noseheavy, so fine for streetuse, bad for anything fast.

They sell for chips now and that's about what they are worth.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

You need an Elise: no tractioncontrol, no ABS, no brake assistance, no power steering, no sound proving, no central locking, no parking sensors, no airco, no electric windows, most of the time no roof!

Getting soaked du to a raincloud out of nothing (and because hard and softtop were at home) feels OK. You'll get thumbs up from other drivers who consider your madness.

3 Extra bonus points: girls and kids love it. The kids of the neighbourhood all come to inspect and to be driven around. Secondly: getting in and out requires a bit of souplesse but improves with exercice and finally fuel: it hardely uses any.

It makes you younger and certainly wilder. I like it. ;-)

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

ROFL..yeah I could see that would be the case.

Reply to
Conor

So, you're saying, I should get a VX220 not a Mk1 Clio V6 :-p ?

Reply to
Iridium