Anyone want a Manta

Not 100% sure but the Manta may be up for sale. Now got 12 months MoT and 6 months tax. Unfortunately I havent got the spare cash to give it the tidying it deserves. It's totally solid and I've done a bit of work on it to make it run well, but the body needs some attention to make it perfect.

Check out

for some pics. Any interest?

Possible swap for 205/309 GTi or anything else vaguely interesting

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Carl Gibbs waffled thus:

Shame it's not the coupe :(

Reply to
Abo

tempting :)

especially after the intriguing battle of wills between me and french electrics lately :)

Reply to
Rob

how much you looking at for the old skool beast? want a bluebird turbo? hehe

Reply to
Vamp

106 Rallye?

(the one on the drive that's had a really hard rear end, and which we've removed the engine from). :-P

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

That'd do too

Yeah I'll take it with a £650 cash as well from your good self :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I wanna at least get my money back on what I paid (£550), but would be nice to get a bit more for the years MoT, tax and work I've done on it in the last few months!

MoT the Bluebird and I might consider some sort of swap :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

No chance! :)

I need a relatively standard car for insurance purposes.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I forgot to mention there would have to be cash from your direction as well.

Be quick though, as I'm planning on having that taken away by the scrappie later this week.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

MOT? His Bluebird? Bwahahahahahahaha :-D

Reply to
AstraVanMan

if the punto goes sometime soon i may be tempted :)

mmm i smell a let conversion coming on :)

Reply to
Rob

Not in my car (unless you replace the whole running gear) as it's a 2.0l. You'll be wanting the 2.4 lump from a Frontera as a starting point for a worthwhile conversion. Or a v8 of course :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

*cough* V8 ;)
Reply to
Vamp

Thought it was worth a try as it was free.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I'd be tempted if you weren't so far away.

My old heaps now up on ebay

It was replaced with the following

2.3 turbo and rear wheel drive, not bad for £200. It even looks quite tidy now its had a wash. Just needs some decent tyres on the front and a couple of new hoses. I was going to list it to see if I could double my money but I've had too much fun driving round roundabouts today.

James

Reply to
James Grabowski

Yes. I really want that manta. But I've got my sensible shoes on and they're staying on if I'm going RTW anytime soon!

Can you wait till I get back and sell it to me then?!?

Reply to
fishman

Heh, when you back? And what's RTW? If it doesn't sell on ebay (there's a highish reserve, I'm not letting go cheap as I'm not overly fussed about selling it), then I'll probably keep it a while longer.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Round the world.

Reply to