BX now on ebay

For those that showed an interest:

Carl Gibbs

Rob

You'll never get Conor to buy it with that first photo.

Reply to
Elder

Pffft, ah well. We've got to the point where we just wanna get rid of the car, so we spent yesterday cleaning the inside and sorting a few bits out, but time ran out and we didn't get chance to wash it properly. But decided to get it on ebay anyway.

Was gonna wash it today and try and polish it, but a hangover has got the better of me!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

" We have also just recently changed the oil and while at it we noticed the subframe is nigh on brand new."

Looking at the photo of the underneath, with the amount of oil/fluid on it, it'll never get the option to rust.

Reply to
Conor

Yep, that was from a leaky rocker cover gasket and a broken strut return pipe. Both of which have now been fixed.

That pic was taken when we first got it when I was checking it over on a ramp. Since been cleaned up when it went in for it's MoT.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I wouldn't call a BX a hot hatch.

Reply to
ThePunisher

It's a 160bhp hatchback.... what would you call it?

Reply to
SteveH

If you call it a hot hatch what would you call a Sierra Cosworth?

Reply to
ThePunisher

An unreliable, invariably difficult to insure, pikey magnet that needs constant maintenance.

HTH

Reply to
JackH

They're pretty bloody reliable if you don't rev the bollocks off them.

Reply to
Pete M

Maybe not by todays standards, but the BX 16V was definitely a hot hatch in its day. Sub eight second 60 time if I recall correctly. And even today it will probably give a lot of stuff a run for it's money, especially with the surprise factor.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Then IMHO you've never known what a hot hatch is.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Dammit man, I'm trying to SAVE my pennies :-(

Reply to
Albert T Cone

"Pete M" wrote in message news:ertonn$62l$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

'Don't that not defeat the purpose of a Cossie?' ;-)

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

In news:NUAEh.7848$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk, Sandy Nuts wittered on forthwith;

Heh, mine was pretty much on the limit for a road car and was also very reliable, it also got thrashed pretty bloody hard - but thrashed sensibly, if that makes sense. Not ragged from cold, not 1st gear 7000 rpm shit.

Reply to
Pete M

A hatchback with 149bhp per tonne is a hot hatch in my book. Compare that to some hot hatches of the same era: Mk2 Golf GTi 16v - 132bhp/tonne

205 GTi 1.9 - 148bhp/tonne Escort RST - 122bhp/tonne Astra GTE 16v - 136bhp/tonne

As Lordy said it has the ability to surprise quite a few supposedly quicker cars. In my red (well more pink at the mo) 16v I've outdragged a 205 GTi (1.6 I think though), my girlfriends mk1 MR2 and some form of Rover 200 Coupe (obviously not the turbo). Dont think any of them expected it :) Still waiting for the chance to piss off a proper chav'd up car, but I dont drive it enough any more to get the opportunity :(

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Blimey. You're the last person I expected to be defending one of my cars :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Back in the days when I had one, I left a Porsche owner napping at the Bagshot lights. Most amusing it was. Of course back then Porkers were a lot slower than they are now.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Alfa 33 1.7 16v Greencloverleaf - 136bhp / tonne. 0-60 in 7.9 secs.

Reply to
SteveH