are all vauxhall peeps stupid?

found this thread while on a google search for something else

some guy thought the swift had an RX7 engine? err for a start suzuki make the swift! and no way would a cav turbo be a match for a MR2 Turbo!

and are all vauxhalls slow? max output someone reckons for a cav turbo is 315bhp or so? an MR2 turbo standard internals are good for nearly 400bhp on later spec :)

mental note to self, stick with jap crap and never buy another vauxhall :)

Reply to
Vamp

Yes.

HTH :)

Reply to
DanTXD

That thread is absolutely RIDICULOUS !

I've just read it right through - some of the people there are under the impression that s**te old 2WD Vauxhalls (cos none of em are 4x4 any more) are actually quick !

Best Line : "I thnk yunis is a little wide of the mark the standard cav cal turbo's make 60 in app 6.4 -6.8 depending what your reading the 2wd versions would be quicker assuming it is dry"

Reply to
Nom

Just depends on how much you're willing to throw at an engine. The BTCC championship winning Cavalier of John Clelland had a claimed output of

300bhp. They'd have been able to get more if they were allowed a turbo.
Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

In a word,no. Slightly modded, but fully street legal.

originals
Not all Vauxhalls are slow, just the ones people see daily and remember.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Shit old anything is not really quick now is it.

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

315bhp or so? an MR2 turbo

I would not say my Vauxhall is slow, 197 horses, 0-60 in 7 seconds top speed of 150mph, 1/4 in 15.2. Not as fast as a scooby - but not bad for something with a "warrenty" (heh). I must admit though that I have only seen 6 new Astra GSi's on the road - one being mine.

BTW, all Vauxhall owners are stupid - just as all MR2 owners cut hair and poke the batty ;)

You might be interested in a nail course my wife just went on. Creative nails something or other. I can scan the brochure for you if you want.

*pfft*

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

But not a standard Vauxhall :)

Good god you're right, 130bhp, theres the MR2 Turbo beaten down :)

Ah, Vauxhall once made 50 rally special road models of something, that means they make fast cars :) You're right :)

Thats not really a pure Vauxhall....

Vauxhall nowadays are getting the idea. VXR220 and Monaro VXR.

Reply to
DanTXD

Well played :) Of course, iirc you've had to use the warranty quite a few times? Was it you? New manifolds or summet?

Reply to
DanTXD

ah the classic lotus carlton i forgot all about them, Grrrr vauxhall stop making shit boxes and whack something mean together again!

Reply to
Vamp

315bhp or so? an MR2

i'd rather have a civic type R 197 horses and 0-60mph in 6.6 secs :) add a super charger kit and then it's flying :) plus won't brake/rust

ah that's ok then

no wouldn't wanna take the last place away from you as your so keen to join.

Reply to
Vamp

As usual, you recall incorrectly.

My Vectra SRi (which is better built than my old Astra GSi) had trouble with needing the head drilling.. mainly due I am sure to the knob who rear-ended it in a 3.5 tonne flatback.

It did however need a replacement engine at 16k as it popped a leg out of bed @ 50mph. RAC man was quite amused when his description said "something fell off engine" and I had given a little more detail than that (ie I am holding con-rod in my hand)

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

Monaro VXR? VXR220? 2 Vauxhall's i'd buy :) Are they still gonna do a Turbo Corsa eventually? I remember hearing it was a 1.6 turbo and in development was making a reliable 200bhp?

Reply to
DanTXD

You're right, i'm thinking of the other guy with an Astra Coupe Turbo and

250bhp :) My bad. Google tells me his name is Dave :)

Awesome :) Bet you didn't take the piss out of the warranty then did you ;) So far, i've had a wing mirror glass because i noticed when i got the home car it was scratched :) And i need a shiny plastic wheel nut cover, cos one's fallen off :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Never taken the piss out of a warranty yet. Just a warrenty.

...but you can't drive @ 150mph or get to 60 in 7 seconds.

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

"Vamp" wrote

If it's got 197 horses I'd hope it'd brake rather well :P

Reply to
fishman

Oh right :)

This is true....but you can't get 50mpg on a run.......f*ck me thats the worst comeback EVER.......

Reply to
DanTXD

super charger kit and

Aircon ? I think not - that's another grand.

?model_id=1246&id=24216

196Nm vs 250Nm

Interesting choice.

Any proof that modern Vauxhalls rust like the old Vauxhalls/Fords did ? On my Vectra, which is 5 years old in January, there is no rust at all.

The other thing is, people certainly know what a civic type r looks like (common as muck). Very few people know what an Astra GSi looks like on account of there not being many. Most people discount it at the old lights - not for long I might add. Get the revs up turbo whistling and off ye go.

Quite tempted with some engine mods, need to wait till out of warranty before I go there though.

Jolly good :)

"YOU ARE" or "YOU'RE" Grrrrr......

Besides which, why would I need to join when the wife has just completed said course ? Why have a dog and bark yourself ?

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

I concur.

BTW You might want to circle today on the calendar.

Reply to
Carl Smith

...?

Reply to