Oi, SteveH, didn't you have the sick idea to get one of these?

Looks pretty cheap, and ends very soon.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Cool, a Ripspeed gearstick

Reply to
??? Abo ???

Would be nice with a RV8 in it, or maybe a 2L turbo.

Reply to
Depresion

I find that offensive.

Reply to
DanTXD

yeah my eyes kinda hurt looking at it too!

Reply to
Vamp

I did, and I wish I'd seen it earlier, as I'd have had it for that price and sourced a more 'proper' sized engine and box from a scrappy.

Reply to
SteveH

Sorry mate, I tried. You really should keep an eye on classic cars-> finising today.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Currently, I'm keeping an eye on:

Cars -> Alfa Romeo Audi Mercedes Volkswagon Volvo

No time for classics.

Reply to
SteveH

Haven't you been there and done that to death?

Zzzzz. Unless you get one that requires you to mortgage your house 3 times over to run.

Zzzzz.

Isn't there an 'e' missing?

and zzzzz again.

What happened to "soul" and "character" you namby pamby wussy wuss wuss?

(c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Yes, and I want a 'respectable' car - but won't risk a thrashed ex-fleet

156 / 166.

I don't know about that. Seen an A6 2.4 Tiptronic that looks good.

Reliable, don't lose value.

2.5 20v 5 pot...... not bad at all.
25k miles / year is what happened to it.

If I were 10 miles from work, I'd have an Alfetta.

Reply to
SteveH

Erm......Nissan Primera - haven't you been down this road before? :-)

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Yeah, I have. But it was a s**te old Primera.

At least this time I'm thinking about a proper car, not some horrible Jap saloon.

Reply to
SteveH

Get an A6 like mine :-)

And don't let mileage put you off either - well made things don't neccessarily have big things go wrong just because it's got 150k on the clock. I've definitely believed that a lot more since seeing an S reg Sprinter 310D with over 400k on the clock sounding every bit as good as the X reg 311CDI I went to look at.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Wot, with a broken headlamp and a dent in the roof?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

No, the ones without aforementioned items tend to be the better buy.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

But why spend money and lose it all because it will only end up a bag of s**te, when you can get something perfectly servicable for £500.

Bloody hell, that sounds like an echo of Summer here.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

But for a 2.4, slow and thirsty :)

Reliable? Behave :) Unless we're talking about PeteM style old ones? Actually, newer-less reliable Merc's are all over £10k still so we probly are aren't we :)

Give him a chance, it might be a VR6 (i dunno why i like them :) )

Auto :)

I thought Alfa's were reliable enough for this :)

Reply to
DanTXD