Back to the future.

I believe it does

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The Delorean had Bosch K Jetronic

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

In article , snipped-for-privacy@timkemp.karoo.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Well, at least it is a known entity. The only other non french car apart from Volvo to use Bendix was Skoda in the 135 and 136Ric Rapid models (Favorits onwards carried on with Carbs until 92, and then used Bosch SPi and later MPi in the Felicia).

They were an attempt at putting a cat on a Rapid shortly before it was phased out. In the end they didn't need to bother as they were one of the exempted models because they were close to end of run, so most have been happily converted back to non cat, Carbed.

I believe it worked well in Renaults, but then Renault mechanics have been tuning it for years.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Aaah, the Espace - my folks had an E reg one when I were'lad. It was frightening to drive in a crosswind, rusted like a rusty bastard (even though a large proportion of the bodywork was made of fibreglass), a strange system of bits of cardboard under the bonnet protected the electrics from water, it used a helluva lot of fuel and seemed to be a bizarre amalgamation of what was left out of the most expensive bits of the renault 21 and renault 25 parts lists. It also made me feel slightly ill after a while of being inside, perhaps due to roly poly suspension.

Supreme transport however for a family of 6 with a wee bit of luggage, so at the time of its invention (mid 80's) and the time my parents owned it (early 90's) I suppose it was innovative and fresh.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne