Bruntingthorpe Testing

Was at Brunters today having a little run around, was trying some different APC setups (I was boost rise as fast as possible without it being violent enough to break traction).

Last corner onto the back straight, 4th gear 100mph exit corner and WOT boost flicks around to 1.8bar and BANG CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH, engine on Rev Limit.

Indicate, pull over, look at passenger wheel, see it smothered in CV grease. Radio for pickup. Got the car in the air later and its ripped the middle clean out of the outer CV Joint.

YEAH BABY THATS POWER ;-) Now to make some tougher CV's up.

Matt

Reply to
**-**

Impressive :) Spent mine doing very little :) Gotta get up early to take the dented 05 to the garage for estimates...

Reply to
Dan405

Pah, I destroyed on in my Ka. Granted, I was in reverse rather than 4th :P. Slight difference in the amount of torque being transmitted perhaps.

Reply to
Doki

You spend more time fixing your car than driving it!! Its worse than my Pug FFS! :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

True True but my blowups normaly happen at 100mph+ and on the track. TBF to the mota its never broken on the road, well just the once.... ;-)

Reply to
**-**

342ft/lb at 3200rpm ;-) Or as I like to think of it, the Gearbox Breaker ;-)
Reply to
**-**