BX now on ebay

Don't get me wrong - the car's shit, I just wanted to argue :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

That's more like it!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I had a BX GTi 8v many years ago, and I quite liked it.

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:ervort$k8k$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

Seems to be a lot of love for the car. Even Lordy likes it :)

Feel free to start bidding - I need money to pay for the fixing of the other one :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net, Carl Gibbs wittered on forthwith;

I've got my lovely Golfs, the Merc is undergoing reconstructive surgery, I've got a Jensen Interceptor convertible I need to fix (not mine, but I can use it), use of an MX5 and Bentley Turbo R along with a multitude of other insane projects [1] either lurking about or on the way. I don't need a bleedin' BX as well - but if I did I'd be bidding.

Oh, is anyone here interested possibly in my gorgeous Mk1 Golf GTi? Y reg, black, 1.8, restored, 170k miles, completely original spec, only VW bits used, will have 12 months MOT, £1750 o.n.o?

I'll get some pics up when I take it for the MOT later this week (probably)

[1] Barkas B1000 should be in the UK late May, and a Tatra T603 around August.
Reply to
Pete M

Groan... I think everyone here has missed my point.

Reply to
ThePunisher

You had one?

Reply to
Elder

You're right, everyone did, especially me it would appear.

Do you think that the misunderstanding is everyone else's problem, or a problem with how you tried to make the point?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

What's the point of having a Cossie if you don't...

Reply to
Abo

I nearly bought one off a guy at work, about 8 years ago I think. It looked ok in the carpark but when you started to look properly it was a real shitbox :(

Reply to
Abo

We've discussed this. news:erutgj$i2m$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Shame you're in Southampton, I wouldn't mind those Mi16 alloys...

Reply to
Abo

Unfortunately for you, the car fits into the "it was nice to own then, wouldn't want one now" category.

Nice seats BTW.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Everything after the comma is superfluous.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Damn! For me it fits in the "not old enough to drive then, so I'll have one (or 2) now" catergory ;)

Thanks

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Heh, I have no problem with the BX, I am a child of the 90's after all.

One of my mates worked at a Citro=EBn main dealer, he was always bringing= =20 home a different piece of plastic fantastic every night, AX's, BX's,=20 Xantias, XMs, etc, etc. I was driving a Metro 1.0 at the time, so stuff=20 like the newly launched Xantia seemed pretty 'exotic' back then. We used=20 to rag the f*ck out of them at night then drop them back at the dealer=20 ready for the customers to pick them up.

--=20 Lordy.UK

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Would you like to borrow mine & Dan's shovel ?

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Hey pete - want another 190?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

You're right, I should have been more clear, I would class the BX (which I love) in the same mould as the Sierra, Cavalier, Audi 80 and BMW 5 series, basicly I see it as a saloon car with a hatch :-)

Reply to
ThePunisher

Not really. The one I've got is a nice one, other than the knackered head gasket. That should be sorted this week - maybe next, then I'll be flogging it anyway.

Need wedge for a few things, like setting up in another country..

Reply to
Pete M