BX now on ebay

The part you sniped, HTH

The point is, I don't consider the Granada to be a hot hatch at all, the same with the BX.

Just because they have a hatchback and are fast doesn't make them a hot hatch.

Reply to
ThePunisher

Salesman in Renault quoted me exactly £13000 for a new so I ordered one, when I went to collect it he said "That'll be £13001.50", so I put £13k on the table and said "you can pay the other £1.50 because that's what you quoted me", he looked indignant and wouldn't do it. I explained that he had at least £70 commision in the sale, that I'd kept up my side of the bargain and that if he wanted the sale, and the £68.50 commision that'd come with it, he'd have to put the other £1.50 down. He wouldn't do it, and went as far as to "Speak to the sales manager" who wouldn't back down on the £1.50 either. This took it from being a bit of light hearted banter to me being pretty pissed off that he'd gone that far over £1.50, I figured that if that was how they were going to be when I was buying the thing (admittedly I did have huge discount on it) how were they going to be when I needed warranty work doing?

I walked away.

Cheekily, I had a phone call from the salesman later that day asking if I'd found the £1.50 to complete the deal..

Reply to
Pete M

Sniped ? I haven't even seen you on eBay !

Well done, now we're getting somewhere.

Despite the fact that it's a small car that has a GTi badge, weighs f*ck all, comes complete with 160bhp and goes like a rocket ?

Reply to
Lordy.UK

It doesnt actually have a GTi badge (well this one doesnt anyway), but it does go like a rocket (comparitively speakly). And it's much more of a hot hatch then a Granada FFS. Body kit, buckets seats, plenty of power, weight f*ck all - which one of these does a Granada meet?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Well its rear drive...

Reply to
news.cable.ntlworld.com

Oh. It's shit then :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Mine had a GTi badge but 8 valves and ~125bhp. It was a great car. I miss it. Plus, it only depreciated £55 in the 18months I owned it.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Exactly - no self respecting 80's/90's hot hatch was RWD=B9. (well, maybe the 360GLT just scrapes in...).

--=20 Lordy.UK

=B9 Except for a few pieces of random comedy Italian s**te of=20 course, but they don't really count.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

80s hot hatch with RWD.....

Talbot Lotus Sunbeam. Chevette HSR (Only just, though).

I'm sure there are more examples - especially from Japan, though.

Reply to
SteveH

Hachi Roku!!!

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Ahhh, yes, how could I forget that.... possibly because it was marketed as a coupe? - if we're going to include 'coupe' hatches, then the Manta would definitely get in there. (Won't include the Crapi 'cos they're spectacularly inpractical compared with a Manta hatch).

Reply to
SteveH

Before my time, and certainly before the time the phrase "hot hatch" was coined.

Ah, now there's a thought - Mk1 Corolla GTi 16V,. Now *there* is a self- respecting RWD. Always liked the Sunny ZX as well, but if I remember correctly that was FWD.

Silvia Turbo was fun in it's time, there's always the Pizza Turbo as well I suppose, but that was *really* s**te.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

And don't forget that Granada Scorpio Cosworth thing as well.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Vauxhall Chevette Turbo is what it was.

Reply to
SteveH

That well-known sports-hatch ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

No no, I think you misunderstood...

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Aha, this is the bit where I divert the conversation down a totally different and unrelated avenue!

The Suzuki Vitari doesn't do any of one those things that hasn't been mentioned for 10 posts, so you've completely failed to understand anything I've said or am about to say.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

You're right, it's such a small car that people often mistake it for a 205 GTI

Reply to
ThePunisher

Cheers, there are really some fuckwits around.

Reply to
ThePunisher

Only a couple of hundred kilos of weight difference between a 205GTi and a BX 16v. BX has a decent size boot and much more power.

BX is really only a little bit bigger than a 306. Hot 306s were hot hatches IMHO, albeit a generation later. BX is smaller than MK3 Cavalier. Not sure I'd class a MK3 Cavalier SRi as all that hot, and the GSi was a saloon wasn't it? Anyway, BX 16v much hotter than both cavs, smaller and definately a hatch.

Oh I don't know, if you've decided perhaps there's no convincing you, but I think you're wrong on the BX front if you're denying the BX 16v Hot Hatch status.

Reply to
Douglas Payne