CCC RIP :-(

Been reading it for a very long time. It had no real competitors. A great shame that such a large percentage of the current generation would rather read T&A magazines instead.

-- A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?

The poster formerly known as John Fitzgerald ( I needed a stage name ). John dot fitz at blueyonder dot co dot uk

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

No real replacment , but

to be a real contender for the avid tinkerer in us all.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Yeah, but this month's has /hush/ FWD hot hatches in it! 8-o

Reply to
Jamesy

Richard Brant raved thus:

:: last month, not to mention a race preped Volvo 240 and a V6 4x4 :: Mini, and other such crazy modifications.

Is it that black Mini with the Ford V6?

Abo

Reply to
Abo

CCC became too "find an old hot hatch and go track daying" and "buy a caterham" and not enough about road cars etc.. that was its downfall.

Reply to
Mark Craft

Supposedly the builder of the original V6 mini is going for it again but

4x4 this time.
Reply to
MeatballTurbo

MeatballTurbo raved thus:

:: In article , :: snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com says... ::: ::: Is it that black Mini with the Ford V6? ::: :: Supposedly the builder of the original V6 mini is going for it again :: but 4x4 this time.

The one I saw in Miniworld (or could have been a different Mini magazine, Rachel bought loads of 'em) a few years back was running a Granny 2.9 V6 with XR4x4 running gear. The owner said that it managed about 75 miles to the *tank* of petrol! Looking from above, the arches were so wide the car was almost square...

It *could* have been blue; it was a few years ago and I might be confusing it with a RWD Mini which had a Ford donk.

Abo

Reply to
Abo

Why is CCC going out of print???

tim..

Reply to
Tim..

probably becaue nobody buys it any more. It's not trendy enough for the burberry boys and it's now too low brow for all the grown ups who used to buy it.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

yeah - dammit. Autocar - weekly, flick through on shelf and decide which to buy. Too dear at £2.10 though.

Evo. Monthly. Great cars / reviews / photography, too dear but can't resist....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Same here, AutoCar for the reviews of the latest BMWs (and if you're lucky maybe another 500bhp Merc), followed by Evo.

I just subscribed. You get 3 issues for a quid (that's for all 3 issues, not £1 each) then the following 6 issues costs you £15.99 (about £2.70 each).

Reply to
Lordy

snip

Dear god, yes. I've had a sub for over a year now. The photography in Evo is /gorgeous/ - a world away from most car mags.

Reply to
Jamesy

Evo, Retro Car, and when it goes regular RPM.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo