Chips with everything...

Eh eh, calm down, like. It's not like it's just one man's opinion that FWD Vauxhalls, even the recent ones, are s**te.

And I don't think he's neccessarily trying to "get to you" either - it's called "opinion".

Ooh, french. Aren't you clever.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

AstraVanMan says: And I don't think he's neccessarily trying to "get to you" either - it's called "opinion".

But I say this is not opinion: "Ladies and Gentlemen. I present to you the person that buys "Girls Aloud" and "Busted" instead of Led Zeppelin, Robyn Hitchcock, Pulp, Paul Simon or any other number of talented musicians... " I say it is arrogant fart popping. That is my opinion of course.

AstraVanMan says: "Ooh, french. Aren't you clever." I say: "Yes I am."

AstraVanMan says: "For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died." I say: "Me and You, it's not what we would choose to do."

VXR or S3 Between the idea And the reality

Falls the shadow

Reply to
Floorit

HTH.

Reply to
Clive George

I say it is. He even said so himself! It was a judgment on your character based on the knowledge of a choice you had made. That's a form of opinion in my book.

Geuninely clever people shouldn't need to draw attention to that fact.

Now does the man genuinely have some taste in music, or just the ability to google for lyrics? I don't know, but in either case you shouldn't really follow the last line in a song with another from the same song. More imagination please :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

->I'm welling to bet that no one here that has critisiced has driven either -

->but Top Gear said the VXR torque, therefore 'it's shit'. FWIW, Evo Mag

->reckon it's not actually that bad, sure it's a bit unruly, but it makes a

->very useful and brisk daily driver.

Does anyone take what they say on Top Gear seriously ?

Reply to
Geoff

AstraVanMan wrote: Now does the man genuinely have some taste in music, or just the ability to google for lyrics? I don't know, but in either case you shouldn't really follow the last line in a song with another from the same song. More imagination please :-)

There's just simply no pleasing some people.

Post after post after post, night and day, forum geeks chatter together like crackers and cheddar, their little life rounded in a cyber thread and finished at last with the same predictable emoticon :-).

I wonder what Syd Barrett thinks of it all...

Anyway, have just been out in a Focus ST; it was okay, not much worse or better than the VXR. It needs chipping. I was impressed by the amount of space, leg room, boot area, etc, but it's an ugly brute of a car. Maybe I should just take the cash and buy the Audi. God I can't decide.

Reply to
Floorit

And I'd have an Astra VXR over an RX8 :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

If I had that much money there's no way I'd choose either.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Well no, me neither actually :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

Seriously?! You have to drive an RX8 ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

You're sick.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

No matter what the argument, Rotary wins.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

As long as no-one mentions fuel economy ;)

But, I reckon the RX8 is fantastic in this regard. Even with a 4 cylinder 16v lump, I think it would be a great drive.

I'm strongly of the opinion that Ford would be well advised to release a Capri based on the RX8 platform. Normal doors, coupe or hatch (I personally think hatch would provide needed differentiation), and a trick with the windscreen to keep that Capri dash - modern location of dash/windscreen, but a body-colour band with slats evoking the Capri's scuttle panel as the demister. Capri window line (no frameless doors), hump in the bonnet, and twin lights, half-lidded with a clear panel - think current Mustang.

I can picture it in my head. And I think it would sell, especially if they used Mazda engines; 1.6, 2.0 and V6. See, Ford thought that the Probe and Cougar indicated no-one wanted Ford coupes - but in fact, no-one wanted the Probe, and the Cougar offered very little advantage over a Mondeo. Had they given people a RWD car, a modern Capri, I think they'd have been selling like mad.

And they wouldn't take sales from the RX8, IMO; the RX sells as much on the rotary engine as it does the chassis. I reckon that a 1.6 Ford "New" Capri would take sales from the BMW 116, more than anything else; it should be possible to price on par with the Hyundai coupe.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

I dunno, I bet less than 1% of 116 drivers bought them because they were RWD and for the decent chassis and fun. They bought them cos they were a BMW, and quite small.

Reply to
DanTXD

But I see RX8s allllllllllllllllllllllll the time. Whereas I've seen two VXRs, ever. That and they look cool :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

There's a reason you see lots of RX8s. People like them.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Pfff, sheep.

I'm going to a 207 preview evening on Thursday ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

No, they look like Max Power Saxos for grownups who haven't grown up. There's a reason you've only seen two VXRs ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Yup, that sounds like me :-D

Mmmmmmm exclusivity :D

Reply to
DanTXD

Isn't that just another shopping trolley that looks exactly like the one it's replacing?

Reply to
SteveH