I like Pugs,lol, what about ....

A 306 with either a 406 3ltr V6 or SRI Turbo?

Or maybe even a Mi16 if i can find one, has any one ever done this? Cos im not a mechanic, so its a new field for me :)

Reply to
Cheater2k

Cheater2k waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

SRi Turbo engine would be easier out of the two..... one out of a Citroen XM

*might* be easier to find though. why not try and get a 405 T16 motor if you're spending that kinda dough? There's got to be a dead 405 T16 knocking about Europe somewhere.

(405 T16, 4wd 200 BHP Pug 405, rather good fun)

Pete M

Reply to
Pete M

Well, i want it to be as cheap as possible, i know i can get the engine for next to nothing, its on the car i would need to pay for :)

Reply to
Cheater2k

So a 250bhp turbo engine in a 306? Recon it will be alright?

I like the sound of it :)

Reply to
Cheater2k

Cheater2k waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

Well, 167 BHP is a giggle in them, so why not?

Would be trés amusant with the 6 spd GTi6 box as well

Pete M

Reply to
Pete M

Why not buy a well built and solid car which comes with a decent engine? Seat Leon? VW Golf?

Or if you want a poorly built car with a decent engine buy an Alfa.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Cos i cant afford a Golf. And i want somthing quicker than a GTI ( my 406 keeps up with a gti no probs)

I like the 306 cos u can actuly make them look nice, and with a turbo, its got everything u need really.

Reply to
Cheater2k

Tim S Kemp waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

although the later Alfas are *quite*{1} well built. I saw a 166 3.0 for sale the other day 175000 miles, £3495. Everything still worked, even the telly and satnav. :-o

Pete M

[1} compared to an FSO Polonez.
Reply to
Pete M

Both would fit, but the 3.0 would wreck the handling, and the Turbo's a waste of time (150bhp) - the 306 S16/GTi6 has 155/167bhp as standard.

306 S16/GTi6 lump *is* the Mi16 lump. The 155bhp S16 shares the 405 2.0 Mi16's lump, and the 167bhp GTi6 is just a revised version.

The early 1.9 165bhp lump wasn't found in any 306s, but the other two are better anyway.

Reply to
Nom

Um, it only makes 150bhp. You'd need to strengthen the internals for a big power hike, and you wouldn't be able to insure it.

Reply to
Nom

220bhp on overboost ;)

Or is that 220 as standard 240 on overboost?

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

They do em - very expensive, but will give you some ideas.

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

Er, no. The engine will pop in about 5 seconds. It's got the same internals as the NA lump (that was in my old Pug 405), hence the miniscule 27bhp power boost.

As it's ALREADY running 27bhp over what it should be, you *NEED* to uprate the internals if you wanna raise the power.

Reply to
Nom

And what will you do until the cash is here ?

Driveshafts, transmission, engine-mounts, everything-else, won't match up on the 1.4.

If you want a big power car, you need to START with a big power car, for obvious reasons.

I suggest you go and do some more research before thinking of crazy ideas like this :)

Reply to
Nom

200 standard, 220 on overboost. Overboost lasts for 30 seconds, and you can do it as much as you like by flooring the throttle.
Reply to
Nom

Um, the 1.9 Alloy lump is the one that's NOT found in the 306. Whether it's better or not, is debateable. The steel blocks make more torque, and the 167bhp version makes more power. They've also got 93cc more to play with :) Although they are heavier.

Reply to
Nom

Thats why im here nom, lol. Im no mechanic, so i need advice of people who have done it b4.

Reply to
Cheater2k

I explained to you that it's not very feasable, and that the lump won't take anywhere near 250bhp without some serious work, and you didn't seem to listen !

Reply to
Nom

It's academic anyway. All three are very capable engines, and all three can comfortably be tweaked to ~200bhp with minimal work.

Reply to
Nom

I did, and also asked for a cheap alturnative.

Although, the lump standard is in the 200bhp zone anyway :)

Reply to
Cheater2k