Clio + Neons = Problem ( HELP )

Hello,

I have a problem if some one could please help. I have a new Clio 2003 edition and I have just got my self a set of 4 neon's but the fitting seems to be pretty difficult, you see with the front and rear tubes they are easy to fit, you just screw them into the plastic boxing at the back of the bumpers. but the side one's there is nothing to fix to. I was going to screw into the chassis or the back of the cill, but Renault have told me that if I do this it will void the body work warranty. has any one else had this problem and if so how did you get around it? if you haven't come across this but have some useful tips then please post them coz at the moment I am really stuck ! ! !

Thanx

S T E

Reply to
S.Evison

yeah i had some to fit to my old cav, found it a bit difficult so decided they were shit and sold them on for more than i paid, hope that helps a bit :)

Reply to
Vamp

Attaching a big sign saying 'I'm a wanker' to the top of the car will have the desired effect.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH

Just screw them to the outside of your bumpers, this looks really cool. Then wire them in to your headlamp circuit, or indicators circuit. Put a sticker in your window stating 'All coppers are barstards' this should have the desired effect.

Dave

Reply to
Funkyman

Fix 'em in with some no more nails or silicon of a colour of your choice.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

As Douglas says just glue them on, but remember to make sure the tube can't be seen that just looks crap.

Reply to
Depresion

Yes they should only be used when inspecting the underbody of the vehicle.

Reply to
rolandr

And it will also save the fixing/wiring problem.

Simply place the neons in your nearest bin. Simple - problem solved.

Reply to
Rev. Alfa Adam

I thought that's what he was doing already... :)

Reply to
Lordy

Comfortable, well specced, safest car in its class (well it was the last time i checked) cheap to buy and run, long service intervals...blah blah yadda yadda...

-- Chet

Chet

They all have alloys as standard now, and theres soon to be a 182...

Reply to
Dan405

Bin them. They were a car custom scene fad in the 80's. Everyone realised they were s**te back then. Still, I suppose the next generation has to go through it all again eh?

Reply to
Conor Turton

I think some cars can pull them off - big high powered/mental Jap stuff like Supras and Skylines can get away with them as a finishing touch.

Reply to
Dan405

Not necessarily high powered, but longer lower cars (even Civic/Rover

200 Coupes look better than the Civic/Rover 200 hatches) look better, expecialy as you say as finishing touches.

Watched an old Supr 2NR TV yesterday on men and motors, had a very weird Civic Coupe at last years spring break nationals "Tuner bash".

With a modified Blackwidow bonnet that was tweaked to split into two, and open on each side from the centre on air struts, and a boot that lifted up flat on struts and modified hinges. That worked really well, with the lambo style door. Sounds hideous, but actually looked really well as a show car (not a daily driver by any means, but a demo of the builders ability).

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Need for speed underground is ruining you child, put it away

-- Chet

Chet

I finished it and stuck with my 206 all the way through - NOTHING could beat it :)

Reply to
Dan405

except my mx5, the 206 was nearly as good,

Reply to
Theo

No they don't. Apart from the 'sports' models such as the 172/182, Cup, v6 etc, alloys are only standard on the 'Dynamique' and 'Initiale' trim.

Fab little cars, comfortable, safe, good looking (subjective I know), good performance from the 16V engines (avoid the 8V 1.2 at all costs!), good fuel economy, loads of toys for the money, a good warranty and dealer network, excellent aftersales and /very/ flexible prices.

The only problem was the 5 week wait between ordering & picking up!

Mines the 1.4 16V Dynamiqe with a few options at 20% discount on book price :)

Grant Williams.

Reply to
Grant Williams

Yes, they do, after the facelift model comes out, which is slightly before or at the same time as the 182, they all have alloys and they look a bit different.

Reply to
Dan405

Well said sir, now come join the Renault Sports Cub :)

-- Chet

Chet