Corsa gsi

i have recently bought a corsa gsi (1995) which has 14" alloys on it which look really bad. My mate is selling a set of 16" alloys which are currently on a honda civic M reg. I have been assured that the stud pattern is the same as my car but what about the offset.Can someone also explain what the offset actually is cause i only have a brief knowledge of this. The car is also lowered 60mm. Any replies would be much appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
smurray890

Dont need to worry about the offset, when its pretty likely the 16'' wheels will foul the arches so badly they are not going to turn.

Reply to
Ken

Reply to
smurray890

It's a Vauxhall so only touch ET49. Anything else should be avoided. Volkswagen wheels 'fit' but are not the correct offset!

The offset affects how much the wheels stick in or out. VW wheels are generally ET35 and make the track wider by 28mm.

You should also check the circumference of the tyres. 185/60R14 would need

185/50R16 or 195/50R16 to be close.

All you'll ever want to know about tyres here:

Justin.

Reply to
Justin Cole

He can't talk out of his arse anymore.