Demonstration of *Working* Links for Steve"Pob"H

Nope I can't add to that, a snail being an excellent comparison to the Fiat Marea :)

Lordy.UK

Reply to
Lordy. UK

Yarrrrrrrrrrrr!

What are my chances?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Heh.

It's running fine, the 5-pot lump is rather addictive, though, as at front tyres are finding out. One problem is a knackered anti-roll link bar on the driver's side - but they're only 20 quid a pair, and about

1/2 hour each side to fit, so that'll be sorted when it goes in for a service.

First bike was over a decade ago - after a GP100 I passed my test and worked through a GSX250, Z400J (Lawson Replica), Diversion 600, then gave up riding for a couple of years, coming back on a CBX750 followed by another Diversion 600 which was quickly traded for a TRX850 and finally, my current VFR800Fi.

If you pass your test I can definitely reccommend taking a cheap flight to the Algarve and hiring a bike over there. You're limited to a Transalp as the biggest bike, but we tend to go for a CB500 as they're cheaper and better for a shortarse like me.

Reply to
SteveH

'Tubgirl, is that you?'

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I quite liked a look of the suzuki marauder for a first low powered bike :-

it's a 125 I believe and seems to be more substantial than a lot of smaller ones. Did you ever ride anything like that?

Regards

Austin

Reply to
aust_powers

You do know the 2nd isn't a link to a picture, but an album right?

My god, the irony of this is just immense...

Reply to
DanTXD

They're actually tiny in real life. If you're quite big you want something like a Honda Varadero 125 - or a used DT125.

I started on one of these:

took my test on one of these:
Personally I hate 'cruiser' style bikes, they're a bit, well, gay.

The best bike for a learner has to be the Honda CG125:

OK, they look s**te, but they're very newbie friendly - plus a decent used one will cost you 500 quid and once you've passed your test it'll still be worth 500 quid.

Reply to
SteveH

The Varadero 125 Looks quite good.

Some of them do:)

Regards Austin

Reply to
aust_powers

Aye, Patchy at best.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

With some luck he might hook up with somone on here who can help.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

What you really want is an MZ TS or if posh ETZ 125. Cheap as pony nuts, and cheap to fix if you break one. Cheaper to have a second bike for spares.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Of course it is, its a place for public discussion.

No, it's usenet.

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

What is he using then, a fax machine ? A mac is a PC too, just not an IBM compatible clone...

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Not so cheap to fix these days - lots of bits are now apparently made from unobtanium, and used spares are pitched at half proper money prices. Not to mention rare - I've been looking for a lump for my 300 for ages now (I don't care if it's a 300 or the more common 250).

Reply to
SteveH

Usenet / newsgroups != forum.

Your point is?

Reply to
SteveH

Seems rather silly pointing out people's posting "errors" when the facts you replace them with are as ambiguous as theirs :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

I'm fairly sure SteveH didn't buy his mac in PC world. I'm also fairly sure that "PC" almost always (nowadays at least) refers to IBM compatible PC, it was certainly intended to when I used it, and I think thats what most people realised it was intended it to mean. Except you, you big, pedantic man.

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Probably not, he's not that dumb. But if he was, he could have done.

Reply to
Steve Firth

If you are reading a copy of newsgroup postings in a forum, then maybe the forum is broken, because the newsgroup works fine with real news software.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

The second link shows an album on my PC.

Reply to
Conor