DIY Mods

No. The total wheel&tyre diameter of your new wheels, needs to remain the same as that of your old wheels. So as your alloy gets bigger, the tyre gets thinner - total diameter remains the same.

If you had 185/65R14 tyres on your car, and you moved up to 16" wheels, you'd need to fit them with 205/45R16 rubber, to give almost the same circumference (-0.9%). See ?

What size are your tyres right now ?

Reply to
Nom
175/70R13 that are on it at present
Reply to
Rick Stevens

Thats got to be the most unflattering photo I've ever seen

try this one

http://67.15.109.175/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=1151

Reply to
Rick Stevens

I actually like that :D

Reply to
DanTXD

OK, so

says you can go upto around a 195/45R16 tyre (on a 16" wheel, obviously) and keep your current diameter.You could even go upto a 17" wheel, but I wouldn't bother if you value your ride/handling/performance/everything.
are pretty good, if you wanna look at some pricing.

Reply to
Nom

Reply to
Rick Stevens

Exactly. They'll be a bit wider (195mm vs 175mm), but obviously that won't affect the diameter.

Oh, and stop top-posting ! Your replies should be going at the end of the message, not the beginning !

It depends how important the visuals are to you. If you lower it, you'll

*knacker* the ride, to the point of dramatically reducing grip on lumpy surfaces (ie, most UK roads !). Having said that, the Kia Shuma is hardly the last word in automotive engineering, so it prolly doesn't really matter that much.
Reply to
Nom

OK thanks for that, I shall start saving some money, seen some nice wheels on that link you posted :) sorry about the top posting

Reply to
Rick Stevens

Lol, Slayer of Kia. Not the most impressive of titles is it.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar