Don't you just hate it when you run out of paint half way through a spray job?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Do you recall the silver and blue Ka at the Liverpool cruise we met up at last year?

Multicoloured paint jobs can work well, but I'd argue that we don't see enough of this one to see if it looks better than the hatchback, heh!

Reply to
DervMan

Looks like some sort of cut and shunt...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I think it looks alright from the back view.. comparing it to the standard hatcback seems a bit daft to me though, and doesn't say alot since Mk4 Astras are downright bland in my books.

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

In news:WDmEc.395$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-gui.server.ntli.net, AstraVanMan decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I actually think that doesn't look too bad. I've seen worse looking vans..

shame it's powered by Dr Diesels Evil Invention.

Reply to
Pete M

Yep. Not my thing, but for what it was I thought it looked ok. I remember on Tim's photos of the day he uploaded somewhere the filename for the photo of that Ka was "FuglyKa.jpg" or similar :-)

It's maybe that the photos are crap - to me that doesn't look very pearlescent, more of a flat blue, and the bumpers just look plain white. It could be that they are, but I've got a feeling they might be silver. And it would look a whole lot better if there was a plastic bit of trim (in silver/white) at the bottom of the tailgate.

But give me my Maestro van any day. Which I'd rather keep as an appreciating classic (laugh as you will!) but lack of space mean it has to go :-(

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

you've got a good memory you have

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

In news:SWDEc.112$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-gui.server.ntli.net, AstraVanMan decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Heh, best thing about that meet is virtually no-one remembers me :-D

It's the pearly blue off the Golf GTi. Looks like straight blue unless it's spotless, or you're very close. Kinda purply blue, but not very pearly.

Reply to
Pete M

Isn't the Ka splendid?

Reply to
DervMan

The anonymity factor. Savour it! Talking of meets, another one at some point might be good over the summer, maybe a track day, or a visit to Diggerland perhaps?

Vaguely vaguely know it, but, well, to be honest I don't really. Crap colour if it's beauty can't shine through a bit of dirt, if you ask me.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Hehehehe.... don't be so sure? :)

Not a bad choice to go with silver...

Reply to
DervMan

In news:SXEEc.169$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-gui.server.ntli.net, AstraVanMan decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

sounds interesting..

You'll spot it soon enough. Virtually every 5 door T reg Golf GTi seems to be in it. You just haven't registered it's pearly..

Reply to
Pete M

In other words, it's anonymously dull.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Santa Pod.

18 July.

Come race Dervy!

Tim Kemp, you up to see if your Volvo towing Kermit (in neutral) is quicker than Kermit by himself?

Or perhaps I can slipstream you up the strip?

Reply to
DervMan

Only if he snips his posts properly :-)

How do you tow a car without being in gear? Or is Kermit (the towed car) the one in neutral? I'm displaying intelligence levels equivalent to the other Peter here!

Pardon m'ignorance - is Santa Pod just a drag strip, or a proper track? And where exactly is it? (I'll google in a minute, just lazy).

May well be up for that.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Silver and blue ka??

That drives around my area, haven't seen it in a while but used to quite a bit...

Looked quite nice actually, for a Ka anyhow.

Andy R

Reply to
Andy

I think I'll do something a little more challenging.

Reply to
SteveH

lol - I reckon it'll be about right....

Having just towed a mate 50 miles the other day though - the assymetric thrust coupled with the smell of my clutch might put me off trying that stunt.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

It had nostrils.

Reply to