engine swap could happen later.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

It's certainly different.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

now that i like :)

ditch the pinto in favour of something with 8 cylinders and your laughing :)

or alternatively put a nice tdi lump in there

Reply to
Rob

Pops are very popular here as Rods. Very Ford, but Very British. Anglias/Prefects etc as well, and even Fordson delivery vans too.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

As narrow as an old-style Beetle? Went up to London from Guildford in a mate's Beetle, and couldn't believe how narrow it was - to me they never looked that narrow, until then.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

What's a passenger? Seriously though, only ever have someone else in the car about once a week.

wouldn't mind doing something similar with an Austin A40 though.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

"Sit up and beg"? "Roll over and die", surely...

Reply to
Halmyre

I'm sure it would be ok on thr Motorway.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Oh well, at least it would be entertaining anyway.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

They aren't THAT narrow.

Now, 2CVs. Those are narrow. They're narrow to the extent that I felt cramped after driving a Dyane 6.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

I want the car next to it. I think it's an early Victor, but could be wrong...

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Oh dear.

Do you have any idea how s**te those things are in modern terms?

Motorway, you say?

Bwahahahaha.

(Seriously, my dad took his test in one of those, said it was the worst car he's ever had the misfortune to drive.)

Reply to
SteveH

How about this?

Chris B

I doubt this has the original top speed of 67mph, 3 manual gears, no syncromesh or servoless drum brakes all round though.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Can't quite put my finger on it, but something looks wrong. It is neither Kustom nor Custom nor Rod. It has all the right bits in all the wrong proportions, with wheels that don't work with the overall shape. Plus prefer the shape of the A40 Devon to the Somerset. The small square boot works better for me as a design.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Maybe..... you'd want a proper, full spec sheet and to get it up in the air to find out exactly what has been done to it.

It will still be utterly s**te to use as a daily driver - spartan, cramped, uncomfortable, noisy, no heating or demisting capabilities.....

Reply to
SteveH

What's with the completely out-of-place wheels?

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Needs to be chopped.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I used to drive a Skoda Estelle and the most modern car I've owned is a=20

1990 Celica GT4.

I'm used to cramped, and spartan, however most have been fairly=20 comfortable except the bucket seats in the Favorit, andall have had=20 proper working heaters/demisters.

I know a company that can supply a full bolt in heater/aircon package=20 for less than =A31000 all new, no recon parts and designed to fit into=20 compact kit cars. It would need some kind of demister for the MOT=20 wouldn't it anyway?

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

I used to drive a Skoda Estelle and the most modern car I've owned is a

1990 Celica GT4.

I'm used to cramped, and spartan, however most have been fairly comfortable except the bucket seats in the Favorit, andall have had proper working heaters/demisters.

I know a company that can supply a full bolt in heater/aircon package for less than £1000 all new, no recon parts and designed to fit into compact kit cars. It would need some kind of demister for the MOT wouldn't it anyway?

Demisting is not an MOT requirement. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G