Fire up the Quattro

No that's me now :-)

Reply to
Iridium

I've moved just around the corner, the house has an outbuilding and I've installed a 4 post ramp that I got cheap. Projects on the go now are an old Series 1 Disco Tdi and a 73 Interceptor - I've just rebuilt the engine with stroker crank etc and modified gearbox internals

Perhaps you would like to pop round for a cup of tea when the weather gets a little warmer?

Julian

Reply to
Julian

Do you still have the Audi too? Can I come as well :-p?

Next UKRCM meet is round Julian's gaff everyone!

Reply to
Iridium

Mmm, shiny. Do you actually own an oil company? (c:

I have a friend who owns a 1976 Interceptor, but some of the electrics went on fire about 6 miles after he bought it and I don't think I have ever seen it running.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

*slap*
Reply to
SteveH

*hiccup*

This is getting to be just like facebook.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Nah, Facebook is full of illiterate f*ck..... oh, as you were.

Reply to
SteveH

I certainly do :-) That's an old friend now, cars come and go but not that one!

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

It's not too bad, 7-8mpg if you go easy on it :-) (it's only a toy, i do most of my motoring in a cheap Diesel hatch)

Electrics, brake fluid, petrol, Interceptors always go on fire if you don't keep on top of maintenance. I've just replaced the entire underbonnet wiring loom due to the old one being fsucked due to engine heat.

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

Heh, the one my mate bought, the '73 convert, managed to break down 6 times in the 60 or so miles from Buxton to Liverpool. It caught fire in a petrol station, flattened its battery, and generally misbehaved all the way.

It's now covered a genuine 17500 miles (was on 16700 or so when he bought it) and has cost a fortune in the three years since purchase. New starter (geared, £300), new carb (4 barrel £350), transmission rebuild (£750), battery £80, various hoses and other weird bits, brake discs and pads, electric window motor, door lock mechanism and loads of other bits.

Spectacular money pit, that thing. Was parked outside with the wrong type of car cover on so now needs a full respray just to add to the despair, but driving it does put a huge grin on the ol' face.

Reply to
Pete M

Blimey that sounds cheap, you'd surely pay more than that for equivalent parts for some poxy 3 series BMW or WHY?

I better not say how much the balanced forged stroker crank, forged rods and pistons, the valve train, ally heads, inlet, custom headers and Holley carb cost then :-(

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

Yes true, but how does that saying go regarding getting from life what you put in?

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

I see a northern mini-meet coming on if the offer of tea could be extended. I'm sure a few on here might like a chance to see the quattro in the flesh and drool over that chrysler lump.

Reply to
Elder

Me me me me me me me!

Reply to