for the love of god talk me out of buying a Laguna,

lately i've been having dirty thoughts about a manual V6 laguna,

seem to be a lot of car with decent performnance for around the 1200 quid mark.

quite a few on the trader with fsh and reasonable mileage for this sort of price,

positives

210 bhp big comfy 4 door hatch V6 noise something thats a bit unusual

minuses

its Frensh its a renault Its a laguna

any thoughts?

Reply to
Rob

The engine is pretty good :-p

Reply to
DanB

Horrendous on fuel.

It'll probably be an auto as well... that's right, a *Renault* auto.

*shudder*

Avoid.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

just like the fact there dirt cheap pack 200 bhp and if i get bored i can throw some 19's on cut the springs and take the seats out and call it a touring car rep.

SWMBO has commandeered the LCR as a daily driver (sayts its wasted sitting outside the house all day) and has proceeded give it death at every opportunity. expect a post shortly how to extract a hedge/ditch shaped dent from a funny looking golf post

Reply to
Rob

Another minus - it's not an auto though being french that's probably a plus.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

oh no, we aint be having any of that magical gearbox malarkey here m'lad,

it would be one of the 5 manual V6's currently on the trader :)

Reply to
Rob

Yeah, get a 406 V6 instead, they're nicer to drive and Übersubtle...

Reply to
Pete M

I thought the engine was *fantastic*

I've had a couple of Lagunas, including a V6 manual. Bought it as it was dirt cheap. Wanted to hate it, but it was actually pretty great for the cash - good for wafting around in, but toe the loud pedal and it was perfectly capable of turning into a nutter-mobile. Averaged about 20mpg on short trips, did 30 on the motorway. Only real downside was that I don't think there was an LSD on it, as the front wheels were certainly "active".

Oh, and neither of them ever put a foot wrong, reliability-wise.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

French (WOCAB), Fragile, French (WOCAB), FWD, French (WOCAB), Renault hence French (WOCAB).

Reply to
Steve Firth

They're not unusual. Yes, the V6 bit is, but the Laguna isn't.

My preference in the V6 big cars is a Xantia or C5. More unusual* and certainly in the C5, just as powerful. The Xantia is only ~195 PS as I remember.

Reply to
DervMan

All that french fragility, but no benefits of either high performance or fuel economy.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Thats the earlier incarnation of that engine and is to be avoided. Less power, less torque, and less mpg.

Reply to
DanB

Yes; it'll be very similar to the 406 in this respect.

Reply to
DervMan

406s got the better engine after 1998.
Reply to
DanB

Yeah: R U N !!

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Ok. Don't buy the Laguna.

I've done all I can here my personal experience with a Laguna spontaneously combusting are already on the net somewhere.

Reply to
Depresion