Green-eyed Monster

Metro 6R4 heritage, that is.

Reply to
PCPaul

Nah, that's the Jag XJ220.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Ah yes, that'll be the standard 1:1 exchange rate then. IIRC the basic Shelby is around $50k over there.

I've driven a GT350H and while it's got a lot of road presence it didn't feel *that* quick. Those newer V8s lack some of the lower-down grunt that the old V8s used to have.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

i want the saleen, just love the look of the back end and the wheels, actually i just love everything about the saleen!

Reply to
Vamp

i don't like some of the kitted ones like that. this is far the coolest to me

other one i'd go for is a a bullit ltd ed cos they look cool :)

Reply to
Vamp

If I'd have changed my 4 cyl Renault Clio for one, my car tax would actually have gone down. Good eh :-) They're so cheap over there, if I lived there and paid that price I wouldn't care if it had no window switches/winders/openers. However I suspect the aircon would be even more necessary in that situation....

Reply to
DanB

Sort of reminds me of getting a lift with a friend who owned a Series III Jag. The aircon had broken down so I opened my window. He shut it then locked the passenger switch panel. I stared at him and asked him if he was mad and he told me that if I opened the window everyone would know the aircon was broken.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Oh no! I'll have to buy something different when I'm rich.

FFS. Nobody is going to get in your car and go "Nice car. Goes like stink. However, I can see some controls that are the same as in my Focus 1.4. Therefore my Focus is as good as a Mustang, and you smell of wee. Good day."

Reply to
Doki

Steve H would.

Reply to
Steve Firth

No, I'm not having that. Steve would say that the Mustang is a bad idea as it costs more than a Pious irt company car tax.

Therefore the Pious is better than a Mustang, and Mustangs must be shit as they have Ford bits.

I've heard rumours the Pious is a devastatingly effective cross spreadsheet weapon. How true they are, only time will tell.

Reply to
Pete M

Agreed. That just doesn't happen because no one cares, and also, anyone that does and would point it out isn't the kind've person who hangs around with people - certainly not Mustang owning people.

Reply to
DanB

But just from those details, I can tell it's going to be a shoddily built heap of plasticy American tat.

Which at that price is unforgivable.

Reply to
SteveH

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Do you really NEED to have _any_ details other than the badge to know that it's going to be a shoddily built heap of plasticy 'merkin tat?

Of course it is.

But that's rather missing the point of it.

Reply to
Adrian

Fair point, well made.

Not really. Well, I can see your point - but if I want cheap, plasticy and fast, I can think of many significantly cheaper ways of doing it, without people thinking I'm some kind of fake-tan wearing 70s throwback having a mid-life crisis.

Reply to
SteveH

People would think that about you because you're old enough to have a mid-life crisis. Not me, I wasn't born until the 80s.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Again, you miss the point of a Mustang.

Reply to
Adrian

"Carl Gibbs" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

God, I hate smug children.

Reply to
Adrian

I can only see 2 reasons:

You have an incredibly small penis and need something to compensate.

or

You think you're Peter Stringfellow.

Or maybe it's a combination of both.

I mean, they're a nice looking car in a lot of ways, but the image is so, so wrong.

They're built to appeal to middle aged Merkins who want to believe they're 20 again.

Reply to
SteveH

Which being a Ford aimed at the domestic market is unlikely to go wrong and unlikely to have anything significant wear out in the first 200,000 miles.

Meh.

Reply to
Steve Firth

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying: