Here's a mad idea........

I might sell everything, and get this for deliveries :-)))

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

the guy is a joker you have to have a class 2 to drive one of them I should know, I went for the fire brigade test and, when the question arose, they said because I had a class 2 already (class 1 as well so automatically done for the class 2 as you got to get the class 2 before you go for the class 1) I could drive it etc etc

08

Reply to
dojj

I'd have the engine.

08

Reply to
Theo

surely not if you passed test pre 1997? You would automatically have the entitlement to drive up to 7.5T. They changed law in Jan 97 so you would require a class 2 to drive 7.5T.

Reply to
screamin

but it's the category it's booked into you can't see the local mot place doing the test for that just because the guy says it's a van can you :)

Reply to
dojj

dohh, re-read it and got my laden and unladen weights mixed up.

Is there any way to get the vehicle replated at the lower weight? i.e. out of comission fire engine exemption law :-)

Just wondering, don't want the thing, work next to a firestation and sick of seeing and hearing the things all day.

Reply to
screamin

you maybe able to, but just remember, when the vehicles are given their classes, it's based on the maximum weight they can carry, not the weight of the vehicle itself

a class 3 only weighs in at 3.5 tonnes or so, not a lot is it whereas a normal standard coach weighs in at upwards of 11 tonnes that's unlaiden, so you may have to convince a few people if that was the plan :)

Reply to
dojj