'Heroes!'

123bhp and 60 in 8 flat if it's the new model 1.8 SRi :-)
Reply to
DanTXD

That's pathetic for a 1.8 in a car that size! OTOH the new one weighs

1210kg IIRC.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Well yea, it's a Vauxhall, what did you expect?

Reply to
DanTXD

That'd be good for me :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

That sounds like a majority vote to me. And TSK and Dervy are near by, and I'm sure someone (else) can be arsed to pick AVM up...

Reply to
DanTXD

No no... please... bring it.

I'd like to see how your statement above stands up... given I'm a 106 driver. :-P

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Nor am I normally.

They're normally at college when I go to work, and have been long tucked up in bed by mumsy, when I'm heading home. ;-)

1995... D reg Maestro Diesel van with a mattress in the back being my daily transport to my job in London.

White, and covered in filler, it was christened the 'flying bird turd'.

Never seemed to lose in a cut up, anyway. ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

That as may be, but you've still not answered Lordys question.

Bring the Crapi to a track day.. we'll see how it stands up against the Rallye. :-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

'There are cars... but are they their cars...'

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

A Capri 2.8i weighs 1190kg, apparently.

A standard 106 Rallye weights 825kg, making a difference of 365kg.

Mine must weight 30kg more than standard at the most, if that, due to the engine and alloys.

And has something like 50bhp more than the standard Rallye. :-)

That aside, I've had a Capri or two in the past - they don't handle that well, really.

I have 'none of the above', peering out the back of mine.

Aye, but I reckon Conor still sports masses of chest hair and a medallion, every time he goes out in his. ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I did suggest a meet at 'The French Car Show'... which happens to be next weekend, and which I'm still going to in the face of a pissy response from in here. :-P

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I would attend... but I'm afraid I'm fresh out of whippets, pigeons and deep fried Mars Bars.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Move to sheffield, then you'll be south to many of us!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Lol - isn't Douglas up your way as well? I'm sure he'd bring balance to the farce.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Ouch - how do they make them weigh more than the A class?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

We've said this all along - and the north york moors provide great photo / driving opportunities.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I'm assuming you're on more than 90bhp and know how to change gear.

I can always turn it into an endurance race - something wil fall off the 106 before the A class runs out of fuel...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Heh, and Rob, if he can get a car that actually exists running for long enough to meet us. (c:

And John Fitzgerald, I think he's got something reasonably fun in his garage at the moment.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

And don't go forgetting Rob! UKRCM veteran that he now is!

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Those goalposts look very heavy - go careful now :-p

Reply to
AstraVanMan