'Heroes!'

It's like claiming the Alfa Arna was a good, sound handling car, because it was brought to you by the same people who built the Alfetta GTV.

Reply to
SteveH

Did they cut the arse end out and weld a 5 link coilover IRS back end in? Or did they just replace the leaf spings with some other leaf springs?

Peter Hill

Reliant built the bodies for RS200s, bizarrely enough.

Another anorak fact about the RS200 is that it used the Sierra heated windscreen before the Sierra did.

Reply to
Pete M

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Peter Hill waffled on in a semi-interesting fashion, it went something like this;

Leaf springs can be quite successful if used correctly. Corvettes use a transverse leaf at the back, sounds horrifying, but works a treat in the later ones.

Besides, the Mk1/2 Escorts still do quite well in rallying and they use leafs on the the back more often than not.

Reply to
Pete M

Cool. You need to get your bum into a Lotus Elise for a day. It will blow you away and redefine what you currently think of as good handling.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

IIRC Volvo 960s have a carbon transverse leaf spring at the back.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

If you put a 4 bar link kit on, springs do well. Even a simple brace bar between the axle and the spring stops alot of the problem.

Reply to
Conor

Reliant did do the Scimitar...

LOL.

Reply to
Conor

So am I. Maybe it's just that nearly every one of your generation I meet can't drive for shit...fast on the straights, slooooow round the bends.

ROFL...you should be careful there. Anything released after the early

80's had nothing but loads of plastic tat on the outside.

If you look at the bumpers for example, mine are nice steel ones...

Reply to
Conor

You're optimistic thinking I'll fit in one - lol.

Reply to
Conor