'Heroes!'

If I hadn't just spent £ on a paint job, I'd have taken you up.

Reply to
Conor

Heh.

Don't get me wrong - I think they have a certain charm.

My point was, and still is... they're not going to outhandle stuff like a

106, at least when comparing like for like models - 1.6 (or god forbid, the 1.3) Capri vs 1.1 106 / Saxo, 2.8 Capri vs 106 GTi etc.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Maybe not - and they're a world apart from the road going 2.8i Capri, whereas the 106 GTi featured was a standard, as it left the factory one.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Wuss! ;-)

I'm getting the few bits that need doing on mine soon, paint wise.

I'll still take it to a track day though, even when that's done.

Might invest in some better front brakes first, is all.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Oh dear.

You appear to be about to wake up SteveH...

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I'm IN - I'm pretty sure the only person I'll be able to beat is Tim Kemp - but what the fudge :)

Reply to
DanTXD

But we're talking about the VTS - which is above the 'average' one - the average probably been either the 1.4 8v or the 1.1 - and I'm with Jack on this one, I think down something twisty, wet or dry, the Saxo, assuming even driving skills, would win.

Reply to
DanTXD

They're a devestatingly quick cross country weapon you know...

Reply to
DanTXD

THe pinto engined ones with 2.8i suspension handle very well. Mine handles like a dream. I suspect the ones you've driven are on original rear suspension whereas mine is only 12 months old so is on new springs, shocks and more importantly, bushes and spring pins so there's no slop in it.

Reply to
Conor

The Turbo Technics IS a road going Capri and was an option at sale.

Reply to
Conor

I nearly bought one of them...

I wish I had in some ways, since my Capri days are now past (I really can't see any point in owning a Capri and an RX8).

I must admit that excluding a modded Capri in competition with modded Saxos is a bit silly, really ;)

(The 106 is an honourary modded Saxo, as they're all essentially AX-with-less-plastic).

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

You're right, you know...

They still won't out handle a 106 GTi though. :-P

Any idea how many TT Capris sold?

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I haven't seen any novelty chest hair wigs for sale in years, so probably best you don't.

Heh.

In terms of handling... it still won't outhandle a 106 GTi.

The 106 was first introduced some six years before the Saxo, so the Saxo is in fact an 'honourary modded 106'.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Define handles like a dream. From where I'm sitting I can't imagine describing a Capri in that way. I'm not taking the piss I'm honestly curious. To give me a frame of reference what was the best handling car you have ever driven?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

It's probably V8, got 6 axles, 500bhp 3600lbs/ft and weighs 38 tonnes.

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Heh.

If you sort the comedy suspension, the Cinq and Sei are fantastic little cars for B-roads..... it's just that they're not actually that quick in a straight line.

Reply to
SteveH

You sure? Tickford was an Aston Martin company which built the RS200 and part of the package was upgraded handling.

Reply to
Conor

In case you haven't noticed, the RS200 is nothing like a Crapi.

Reply to
SteveH

Rally spec MK2 Escort used in Clubman rallying or probably a BMW 525SE for a non modified car.

Reply to
Conor

And?

Reply to