I'll never live this down....

Passat TDi Sport Has Eibach progressive springs, Climate, later ones have 6speed, cd auto changer, GTi seats & steering wheel, 16" alloys

Ken

Reply to
Ken (the sane one)

You say that like it's a bad thing :o)

Volvo 850. Not all that desirable as they're dated and boxy (hence cheap) but owners seem to love 'em and tend to look after them so mileage isn't usually an issue. VAG 2.5 TDi lump, loads of toys, make sure the aircon works as it's a weak point and pricey to fix apparently.

Reply to
Carl Bowman

An 80, yes, probably, although it likely won't have aircon, let alone climate. An A6 tdi? No chance. Even a '95 saloon with the not-too sprightly 115Hp engine and a lot of miles will set you back £2k in moderate condition. They hold their value well though, so it might be worth stretching the 2k rule a bit to make it cheaper in the long term...

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Estate 405s are ridiculously shit and expensive IME... 405 saloons seem to be in much better nick and at less money.

Reply to
Doki

Really?

*perk*

Same 140bhp one as seen in the older Ashtraymanesque A6?

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Well, same 5-pot one - and I'm fairly sure it's the 140bhp version, yes.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I've got a 1.9 NA 306 Diesel estate to run around in at the moment, I think it could possibly be the slowest accelerating thing ever. It does go round corners quite satisfyingly though.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Hmm, they're getting cheaper, but on the whole the decent ones are still at a premium.

Earlier on, I took the liberty of searching for some older A6 TDIs for Steve, despite the fact that he'd much rather a B5 Passat, and isn't keen on the Mk1 A6 'cos they're quite dated, and you generally only get higher mileage tatty stuff for your money.

And I found these:

- No mention of mileage, so it's bound to be high, and phoning up confirmed that it is - around 200k on the clock, but a complete FSH, and 5 months ago the cambelt went, and they previous owner spent about £4k getting it *properly* fixed, including a new cylinder head too. And that's a late model with digital climate control, etc, and despite the miles, if it drives well, then it's still well worth the money IMHO.
- not as nice a colour, but much lower mileage, though it doesn't say anything about climate - I know at some point the sunroof was dropped in favour of climate control, but that was on the SE spec ones in terms of standard features, and regardless of that, it was still possible to get one with climate and sunroof. But that's not an SE, so probably no climate.
- looks nice, don't know what their auto boxes are like, but I haven't heard of any issues with them, but it's got cream leather. Nice. Though the mileage isn't exactly that low, it'll be fine, though things like shocks probably won't feel as sprightly as something less used, even though they won't be "knackered" perse.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

two in the Trader a 95 2.5 for just shy of 2k and a 1.9 1997 Estate =A31795. Lots of 2.5 TDis at =A32.5k upto 1997/sub 150k miles.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

Any good for you ?

Probably not

BORG

I don't do cash flow and depreciation projections when I buy a car - I tend to see them as disposable items with no resale value when I've finished with them....... so, taking out a loan appears to be madness when you look at it that way.

Reply to
SteveH

They also have interiors made from recycled milk tray boxes and are highly unlikely to come with aircon.

Reply to
SteveH

Yes, very nice and all that, but which part of £2k are you struggling to understand?

Reply to
SteveH

Yes, good suggestion. If I could find one.

Reply to
SteveH

You were right.

That's had a hard life to be rotting like that.

Oh, and there's no aircon.

Reply to
SteveH

On Tue, 23 May 2006 17:53:43 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) wrote: .

Windows

It's hot , wind them down

It's cold, wind then up

Reply to
BORG

Best.Carsalesman.Evah.

Not ;)

Richard (man, that's a dog of a Vento, too. Rust on the sills and arches? Has it been stored in a saline tank or something?)

Reply to
RichardK

I'll have you know my grandfather in Australia survived for ages on "4/60 air conditioning". It works a bloody treat, and never needs re-gassing :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

But it really messes up the pollen filter's effectiveness ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Back in the day, the only pollen filter was the human body's natural immune system. And failing that, local honey :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan