I WANT AN EVO!

Eh ?

Clearly if you were attempting to get anywhere at speed, you'd get in the right gear first. An engine that's geared to 170mph in top, and doesn't make full boost till

4500rpm, is quite obviously not gonna make any progress at 30mph in top gear !

Do you think the Fiat would have won if the Evo was in 2nd gear ?

Reply to
Nom

They were, and that's exactly why it was bias.

Reply to
Nom

"Vamp" wrote

Did you see the black smoke coming out of the exhaust! They're all like that, the FQ330 and upwards. I've a Ralliart dealer nearby, the manager takes a similar route to work as me and boots his various flavours of demonstrator Evo to work, resulting in black smoke and one hell of a stench. Wonder how long the catalysts last on those things! They've got a 2.0 NA version too which I didn't know existed galled the GT or something. Looks the same as an Evo 320 but without the vent on top of the bonnet.

Reply to
fishman

I wasn't quite sure what he meant by that.

Surely "lag" is the fraction-of-a-second that it takes the Turbo to spool up, when you hit the loud pedal in the boost zone (2100rpm upwards in mine).

You can't actually make full-boost if you're below the required rev range, so surely the lag there is infinate ?

He was simply talking about the time it takes to get from 0rpm to 4500rpm, in order that the Turbo can spool up properly. But if you wanna get from

0rpm to 4500rpm, you simply change down a gear or three - you don't hit the loud pedal, then sit back and wait 30 seconds !

If I floor it in 5th from 10mph, I also have zero acceleration - cos I'm

*way* under 2100rpm !
Reply to
Nom

the FQ330 and

work as me and boots

one hell of a

NA version too which

but without the

most jap stuff tends to get a bit of the black smoke out the back, normal on jap turbo stuff. they over fuel like a bastard to stop you blowing the thing up :) to much though can bog the engine a bit. it was only a msall puff, a big puff usually means the ECU is in a panic on an MR2 :-P

Reply to
Vamp

that, the FQ330 and

route to work as me and boots

smoke and one hell of a

a 2.0 NA version too which

Evo 320 but without the

on jap turbo stuff. they

though can bog the engine a

panic on an MR2 :-P

Hence you see alot of them with 1000cc injectors.

Reply to
REMUS

mine has 550 injectors but later MR2's had 850 injectors as standard

Reply to
Vamp

I ment evo's.

Reply to
REMUS

on jap turbo stuff. they

Did I hear JC say 4mpg if your going for it???

Justin.

Reply to
Justin Cole

Most car's drink that much at 160 mph+ I think.

Reply to
REMUS

Yet more bollocks.

"Oh, the exuberance of yoof..."

Reply to
JackH

Well how much do they average then? I know bmw m3's at 155mph drink 7 mpg, a cali style 800 bhp rx-7 managed 2 mpg but that was a max power feature last year :) That Jun 1000 bhp supra managed something like 0.8 mpg at full wack.

Do enlighten me master :P

Reply to
REMUS

dont tell him he doesnt know what he's on about...he gets angry :o)

Reply to
Mason

"Most car's drink that much at 160 mph+ I think"

Like the above... only a 75% increase in MPG, so it's well in the 'same' ball park, isn't it...

I dare say *some* cars do do around 4mpg when driven at a constant 160, and I dare say a lot do a fair bit more.

Ok.

You're fast becoming someone who *was* a source of minor amusement to start with, but is now becoming a PITA who spouts incessant bollocks.

In a nutshell, f*ck off and take your opinions represented as fact to somewhere you'll be far more at home, like Max Power and its ilk... please.

Reply to
JackH

Has he just had a bad day too? are are you really just annoying??

:o)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

At 130 indicated my trip computer says i'm doing 13mpg :)

Reply to
DanTXD

"The Incredible Sulk: Don't make him angry, you wouldn't like him when he's angry!"

Reply to
JackH

*snort*
Reply to