SteveH, did you want one of these.....

did it have to be the Nissan turbo version?

Reply to
Elder

I posted it to Retro Rides myself.

Very tempting, but I really need to get myself a barn first.

Reply to
SteveH

Oh yeah, just noticed. :)

Reply to
Elder

Nice looking car but the MX-5 would be a MUCH better choice.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Oh it would. Yes, but these are stupid british retro tat, all angles and fibreglass.

Reply to
Elder

I'd agree, if you could get a straight MX5 for £500-£800.

Any sub £1k MX5 will be a rusty old nail, whereas £1k will buy a very straight Scimitar SS1.

Reply to
SteveH

But the MX-5 would start every time and be able to go around corners.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Scimitars are s**te. They're truly horrible. The SS1 looks terrible,=20 the SE5/6 all suffer from electrical problems, overheating and cracking=20 in the bodywork as the strengthening plates rot.

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, =A32.50 just for signing up:

Conor

0-60 comes up in 10 secs. Not quick, but it'll feel lively enough.

You could probably quite easily drop an RST lump in there if you wanted to - they're dirt cheap from any decent scrappy.

Heh. Have you seen them under the plastic? - they actually look quite solid, if a little Heath-Robinson.

Reply to
SteveH

Best thing that can happen to a Ford engined SS1 is for someone to stick a CA18DET in. 35bhp better than a CA18ET. SR20DET fit on same mounts as CA18ET/DET but 200bhp may be a bit too much for a SS1 and would prevent it's use in many motorsport events that limit changes to engine.

Peter Hill