Insurance grrrr

Just had my renewal through from Tesco. They've taken away my NCB for the accident in January, despite the fact that nothings been settled and I havent actually claimed off my policy (and neither has the 3rd party). Do they have any right to do that? Tesco told me its because I have partial blame, even though that's still in dispute and nothing has been agreed (and nothings been claimed anyway|). Gotta phone back tomorrow to talk to the claims department 'who may be able to restore the NCB'. There's no way there gonna be getting my renewal after all this shit!!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Hmmm... Have they paid out on this?

Reply to
DervMan

Pretty standard that one, I've seen the robbing bastards do that before, but they will re-instate the bonus once the claim is settled, and refund any monies over-paid. I'm told they always do that while there is an outstanding claim.

-- R

insurance companies are CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNTS! had to get that off my chest too :)

NOT looking forward to getting quotes for the MR2 turbo in august!

Reply to
Vamp

Er, you don't have protected no-claims ?!?!?!?

That's ok, you have to wait till it's all finished. If it does end up being the other driver at fault, then you'll get your NCB back.

Then you can cancel your policy and take your business to a real insurer that protects your no-claims bonus like they should ! I was under the impression that they all did that now - obviously not. I'm with Direct Line, and I can actually opt out of the no-claims protection - although obviously it would be absolute loonacy to do so.

Reply to
Nom

Not unless you have four years + NCB, normally...

Tesco and Direct Line, amongst others, are all basically the same insurer.

HTH

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

No claims protection, like pensions, are largely a legalised ripoff scam!

Reply to
fishman

I don't see how ? Opting out of no-claims-protection with Direct Line would save me £19.40 a year. If I lost my no-claims, my premium would go up by approximately £500. So I'm only losing out if I don't make a claim within a 25 year period ! It seems like a good deal to me :)

Reply to
Nom

No, I only have 1 years worth (well 2 next month)

All sorted now, got them back!

I'm probably off to Elephant this year. Their prices are miles cheaper than anywhere else!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

no one could beat admiral's quote for me on my MR2 turbo, tis £1032 FC expect it to doubt though with new found bonus points soon :)

Reply to
Vamp

Heeeheeheee...

Know how much the FC quote for my Legacy 4Cam Turbo was 3 years back?

£211.

Hell, I got a quote of £700 for a new Evo VIII with Class 2 business use.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

MR2 with everything declared (including a couple of accidents) and 2 yrs NCB is 420 for 12 months. XR4x4 with 0 NCB is 420 for 10 months bonus accelerator. Both TPFT. Not too shabby

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

bet you're an old git to get a quote that low! :)

Reply to
Vamp

Younger than a lot of people on here ;)

I mean, I'm only about twice as old as my Sera.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

You're assuming the lack of discount is the only reason why the premium doesn't go up after a claim. Among other things, too. At the end of the day, protected no claims bonus can only be a marketing scheme rather than a right, no?

Reply to
Questions

Except Direct Line :)

£510 renewal for me this year on the Group 18 Pug. That's with protected no-claims etc. and 3 points on my license (the other three have gone now. Hurrah.)

A quick quote with Elephant shows they want £760 :)

Reply to
Nom

Will check them out, but they've always been a few quid more than Tescos, who are no longer competitve for my quote!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Mental. The total opposite is true for me !

Reply to
Nom